Thursday, February 23, 2006

Don't tell

Shhhhhhhh! Be very, very quiet about this...I just ate the forbidden grapefruit. It's been at least a year since I had a nice, juicy, ruby red grapefruit because of the Seroquel. I couldn't resist any longer because it's actually my favorite fruit. Maybe those warnings are just for people that need to take Seroquel during the day. I know it won't kill me or have an adverse effect, I know why the warning is on the bottle.

Off to clean. I'm forcing my lazy ass to do some of it today and again tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

You can't have grapefruit with Seroquel?

No one's told me that before! I take Seroquel, and have not heard that I should avoid grapefruit. What's supposed to happen if you take it anyway?

7:19 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

What, you've eaten the forbidden fruit?! You are a sinner, Sid, and you will be banished from heaven forever! :)

8:49 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

Here's the scoop on why you can't eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice:

The reason is that grapefruit (unlike any other citrus fruits) inhibits two enzymes that are important in metabolizing, or breaking down, these medications. When the enzymes aren't doing their job, much more of the drug in question remains available to enter the patient's bloodstream, and in some cases, this can have dangerous, even toxic, effects.

The pharmacy puts two warning labels on my Seroquel bottles about grapefruit.

11:24 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

*whispers i wont tell a soul*
*grins*

are you gonna be online later?

take care of YOU!
Hugs,
genelle

3:57 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger sansanity said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I'm telling!

9:37 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

Weren't you a sinner way before the fruit? LOL

11:12 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

Guess my secret's out..damn! LOL

11:59 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home