Monday, February 04, 2008

25 Song MeMeMe

I stole this from Anna, thinking..."I love music, this'll be easy!" It wasn't easy dammit. I own WAY too much music.

1. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE SONG ABOVE ALL OTHER SONGS.....EVER?
I'd have to go with "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park. Not because I think it's their best song, but because it was their first release and the one that got me hooked like a crack addict to this band.

2. WHAT SONG DESCRIBES YOUR CURRENT ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP?
Since I'm not in one, I'm going with "Learn to be Lonely" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera.

3. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE KARAOKE SONG?
I don't karaoke…EVER. There's not enough liquor in the world.

4. IF YOU COULD GIVE YOUR LIFE A THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD YOU CHOSE IT TO BE?
"Hurt" - Nine Inch Nails

5. WHAT SONG WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR TEENAGE YEARS? HAS TO BE FROM THE TIME PERIOD YOU WERE A TEENAGER.
1984's "Fade to Black" - Metallica

6. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST FAVORITE SONG?
"The Unicorn Song" by the Irish Rovers. I was only about 4 or 5 years old, but I remember this being on a compilation album of kid's songs we had (actually my mother still has it). I'd listen to it over and over, crying hysterically because they left the unicorns behind and they all died. I remember feeling like I could relate to the unicorns' plight of being left behind, of no one seeming to care enough to make sure they were safe. Ah…some of my earliest memories of depression. I'm going to cry just thinking about it.

7. SONG THAT YOU'D DEDICATE TO YOUR FIRST LOVE?
"No One Has to Know" - The Material. The lyrics are very fitting to what that relationship was like.

8. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BEATLES SONG?
"Help!"

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ELVIS SONG?
I'm so not an Elvis fan, I had to look up the songs he sang so I could find one I even like. I chose "Are You Lonesome Tonight". "Blue Christmas" is the only other song I like of his.

10. DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE COUNTRY SONG?
HELL NO! This is one genre of music I wish didn’t exist.

11. HOW ABOUT A DISCO TUNE?
I was so never a disco fan either and had to look this up too. I went with "Nights On Broadway" by the Bee Gees. Gotta love any song with a guy singing falsetto in it.

12. FAVORITE SONG WHILE HAVING SEX?
I don't think I've ever had music on while having sex. My only focus is on reaching the big "O", music would be a distraction.

13. LAST SONG YOU DOWNLOADED TO YOUR iPOD?
It'd have to be the last song on the last cd we got from iTunes. That'd be the Juno soundtrack and the last song is "Anyone Else But You" by Michael Cera and Ellen Page.

14. DO YOU REMEMBER A SONG YOU DANCED TO AT YOUR PROM?
I didn't go to prom.

15. DEDICATE A SONG TO AN EX.
Oh damn, that's a hard one. If I'm going by title alone it'd be "Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)" - the Bloodhound Gang. If I'm going by lyrics it has to be "A.N.I.C." by Sum 41. It's a short (only 37 seconds long), angry, to the point song. Here are the lyrics…

Fuckin' shit !

You look like ass, you smell like shit
So why are you such a dick?
You walk around like you're the tits
You always make me sick
Bound for agony
Your life's catastrophe

You look like ass, you smell like shit
So why are you such a dick?
You walk around like you're the tits
You always make me sick
Bound for agony
Your life's catastrophe

You're an asshole
You're an asshole
You're an asshole
You're an asshole

You make me sick

16. NOW ONE TO THE CURRENT SQUEEZE.
I don’t have a squeeze.

17. WHAT SONG TITLE WOULD DESCRIBE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR PARENTS?
"Sad State Of Affairs" - Descendents

18. FAVORITE GOSPEL SONG?
I'm not sure I would recognize a gospel song if it came up and slapped me in the face.

19. WHAT SONG SHOULD THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" from the Wizard of Oz. Everyone has to dance around in celebration too or else it just doesn't work.

20. LIST 5 SONGS YOU ARE CURRENTLY INTO?
1. "Rite of Spring" - Angels & Airwaves
2. "Leave Out All The Rest" - Linkin Park
3. "The Truth About Reality" - The Material
4. "I Get It" - Chevelle
5. "An Alliance of Thieves" - Holy Roman Empire

21. LIST 5 SONGS YOU CHANGE STATIONS WHEN THEY COME ON?
1. Anything by Maroon 5
2. Anything by Fall Out Boy
3. "Hey There Delilah" - Plain White T’s
4. Anything by the Dave Matthews Band

5. Anything by the White Stripes

22. WHAT'S THE LAST SONG YOU LISTENED TO?
"Young and Depressed" - MxPx

23. 5 FAVORITE SONGS?
If I own it, it's a favorite, so I'm just putting iTunes on shuffle and listing the first 5 songs that come up.
1. "Coming Undone" - Korn

2. "Perfect Situation" - Weezer
3. "Fall Back Into My Life" - Amber Pacific
4. "Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated" - Rise Against
5. "Starts With One" - Shiny Toy Guns

24. 5 SONGS TO BE ON YOUR LIFE'S SOUNDTRACK?
1. "Easier to Run" - Linkin Park
2. "Did My Time" - Korn
3. "Farewell My Hell" - Millencolin
4. "Hyper-Insomnia-Para-Condrioid" - Sum 41
5. "I'm the Best at Ruining My Life" - From Autumn to Ashes

25. SONG THAT WOULD DESCRIBE YOU?
"All Messed Up" - Sum 41

Note: If there is a link in red, it means that particular song was on the artist's MySpace page when I wrote this post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

YOu have a wide range of music here. I wouldn't know a gospel song either, but I probably would enjoy listening to it if I was in a spiritual mood.

7:09 AM, February 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home