Tuesday, August 07, 2007

8 random things

A little while back I was tagged by Anonymous Mom to write 8 random things about myself. Since I've been struggling to get back into the swing of writing my blog, I guess I'll start with those 8 things. This will probably turn out to be harder than it seems considering I've had this blog for so long that I don't know what is left to reveal about myself, but I'm giving it a try anyway.

1) I buy a new toothbrush every other month, whether I need one or not.

2) I can only sit through an entire tv show or movie at home if someone takes the remote from me, otherwise I'm constantly changing the channels.

3) Even when I'm depressed and my personal hygiene habits are seriously lax, I have to pluck my eyebrows and clean my ears every day.

4) Very few people know that I secretly love art. My favorite style is surrealism and I'd love to own a painting by Salvador Dali or Yves Tanguy.


5) I cannot touch, smell or eat bananas or any other food that contains them without becoming violently ill, and I'm not allergic to them. Instead I was so psychologically traumatized by a very graphic and disturbing story involving bananas that someone told me back in the mid 80's when I was a teen that I cannot escape the repulsive images that come to mind when I even just see one.

6) I've had a deep passion for music as far back as I can remember and as a result, one of my greatest regrets in life is that so far I've failed in learning to read music or play an instrument.

7) I've told my therapist and my pdoc about some of the psychotic episodes I've experienced in the past, but I'm too afraid to tell them just how often and how regularly they occur. Most are relatively minor and I'm cognitively aware of them, but in the moment it's nearly impossible to convince myself the thoughts aren't based in reality.

8) I know each generation has their share of problems to deal with, but I would love to be a teenager today. Society still has a long way to go in overcoming prejudices, but there's far more tolerance of an individual's differences than there was in my high school days. I'd be considered less of an outcast today.

These are probably all stupid things, but they are what randomly came to mind. As usual, I'm not tagging anyone else. List 8 of your own things if the desire strikes, if not, no biggie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not at all stupid things, sid - i agree with you, i think you'd be less of an outcast today, but yeah - we have a long way to go.

it's never to late to learn how to play an instrument... my mom taught herself how to play piano, guitar, harmonica, accordian, and i'm probably forgetting something - and this was all in her 30's and 40's.

please tell the docs everything, how can they help you if you hide things?? my opinion, of course.

6:48 AM, August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home