Monday, July 23, 2007

Been kinda busy..ok, not really

Wish I could say I've been busy doing lots of exciting stuff that has kept me away from posting here, but I'd be lying if I made that claim. While there have certainly been a few moments of fun, I've mostly been working on setting up a :::gasp::: MySpace page. Even though it's been under construction for about five days now, I haven't gotten much done. Wish they'd just allow you to completely design a page from scratch like you can on Blogger. To me that'd be a lot easier than trying to design within the restricted confines of MySpace. I have been able to figure things out, but it's really a pain in the ass when it doesn't need to be.

It was never my intention to ever even have a MySpace account, but I found I was checking their site more and more to see what my favorite bands were up to. Seems most bands update their MySpace pages more often than they do their own websites. So I figured that it was best to set up my own MySpace page to make it easier to keep in touch with the bands I currently love and as a way to hear new music I didn't know existed. I'm also using the blog section to do reviews of concerts I attend, bands I meet, cds I buy and stuff like that.

I know they're just pimping their shit any way possible, but I've gotten 40 friend requests in just two days from unknown bands, most of which have yet to be signed to a music label. Some probably never will cuz in my opinion they suck, but I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the music I've listened to. I'm going to start doing reviews of these unknown bands that send friend requests, whether I like their stuff or not. Who knows, maybe I can use this as a stepping stone to enter a career in the music industry, an industry I probably should have entered eons ago. Of course I'm not expecting anything like that to actually happen, I'm not completely delusional or anything, but hey, stranger things have been known to happen.

Anyway, the kiddie is finally done with summer school, which is a great relief not to have to be up at 6:30 am every day to drive her. She got straight A's and had the highest overall G.P.A. for the class. I find that very cool since she was also the second youngest student. It's not entirely surprising though considering 90% of the students were taking the class because they had failed it during the regular school year, she was taking it solely to get ahead and math is by far her best subject.

Even without school, this week will be a busy one. Today we were at her high school getting registered for the fall. We had to set up an appointment to talk to her counselor because her schedule still isn't completely worked out, but I at least got the fees paid. Tomorrow it's off to my sister's house to start getting things ready for the garage sale we're having on August 3rd. Wednesday we're off to Milwaukee because the Plain White T's are doing a free show up there. Thursday is pdoc day and we might go to a local fair (we're still deciding on that). Friday is going to be a day of rest because Saturday we'll be outside all day attending the Warped Tour.

There's probably a lot more that I could and should post about, but I've got other stuff to do right now. Maybe I'll get to the rest tomorrow. The kiddie and I have been doing a lot of talking about her relationship with her father thanks to some wonderful input I got from a good blogging buddy (thank you again!) and I think she knows how she wants to proceed as long as I'm there to support her, which I will be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out my kid at http://www.myspace.com/bradwalsh
if you don't like his music, we'll just pretend that i never asked you to check it out.

also
http://www.myspace.com/thebeastsofeden
these guys are pretty wonderful... not as wonderful as my brad, but close.

1:05 PM, July 24, 2007  
Blogger Marie said...

I am a myspace junkie too.

www.myspace.com/hopelesslyenchanted

One thing though, profile is set to private so send me a friend request.

3:01 PM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Glad you and your daughter have been able to have some good conversations.

Sounds like a busy week - so have fun!

Polar B.

7:38 PM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home