Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No help

I suppose you could say I've calmed down some since Monday. I'm still battling suicidal thoughts, but at the moment that is all they are, just thoughts and nothing more. I'm also raging like a mother fucker, but that's par for the course with me just about every day.

My frustration with the divorce is creating a lot of havoc in my life, as is the fact that my schedule is so full. Today I went back to the help desk to figure out what I'm supposed to do with the child support forms, since I met with the ex on Monday and he told me that he doesn't have a job. I swear they need to have strict guidelines for who can work the help desk and what services they're going to provide. I've been there three times now and have gotten three completely different responses.

Every question I asked today was met with "I can't offer you any legal advice, I can only help you fill out forms". Okay bitch, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ASKING YOU TO HELP ME WITH, FILLING OUT THE DAMN FORMS! I needed to know what information to fill out on the Order for Support, if any, because 20% of nothing is nothing. Can I just fill in zero for the amount? Seems like a simple yes/no answer, yet she wouldn't answer the fucking question. Instead she gave me the number for a lawyer referral service.

Why does this shit need to be so impossible? I could see if there were issues surrounding the division of property or custody and visitation issues. But none of that applies here. We're in total agreement on everything, nothing is being contested. Hell, we've been separated for more than six years, so just let me divorce this prick already. I think they should make getting married this difficult. If it had been, I wouldn't even be in this predicament right now because I never would have gone through this much bullshit just to say "I Do".

Supposedly I'll get a half hour free consultation with the lawyer I was referred to, if she ever bothers to call me back. My only other option is to keep going back to the "no help" desk on Monday and Wednesday for the next two weeks in hopes that one of the fucks they have manning it will actually provide some help. From the looks of things, I'm going to have to reschedule the court date I had for August 27th to sometime in September since I can't get the answers I need to proceed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"I think they should make getting married this difficult. If it had been, I wouldn't even be in this predicament right now because I never would have gone through this much bullshit just to say "I Do"."

This is so true.

4:47 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I'm amazed they make it so difficult to get a divorce! And you've made a valid point there - why don't they make marriages just as difficult!

5:25 PM, August 12, 2009  
Blogger MB said...

I had an image of David Walliams doing his "computer says no" routine when reading about those members of staff. Sounds like they were pretty much worthless!

1:12 PM, August 13, 2009  
Anonymous Lili said...

They are complete idiots. Try to just do your best. Just keep thinking of the day when that divorce is finally granted.

2:22 PM, August 13, 2009  
Blogger Nunya said...

Real life is a real bitch.

I was so disgusted with the whole child support clusterfuck, I never did anything about it when I didn't receive payments. The system is out of control.

Hope you have a good weekend Sid, and thanks for stopping by to visit!

9:14 AM, August 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home