Tuesday, August 04, 2009

No wonder I want to die

Woke up feeling sick this morning. At first I thought I was just depressed and exhausted, but I should have known it wouldn't be anything as simple as that. This is MY life we're talking about.

People probably think it was a huge over-exaggeration, an over-generalization, when I said "whenever I step up to the plate and try to become involved in life instead of just being a spectator, all I end up doing is suffering for it" and the "stress, struggle and the most inopportune moment constantly befall me all at the exact same time" a couple of posts back. Believe me, no one wishes more than I do that I was making this stuff up and that I was blowing things completely out of proportion.

As is my luck, I now either have the flu or the stomach flu, and have spent more than half the day in the bathroom spewing from both ends. I also have a fever and every inch of my being aches. I'm sure my sister thoroughly enjoyed me stinking up her house, cuz I was there helping work on the garage sale stuff, or at least trying to, when I wasn't running to the bathroom to puke or shit.

Despite not wanting to cancel, I did call and let them know I would not make it to our NAMI board meeting tonight. I have to rest because tomorrow I HAVE to drive my daughter and her boyfriend down to Illinois State for their appointments. I have no idea how I'm going to survive driving four hours there and four hours back, plus however long we're going to spend on campus, but it's not something I can back out of.

This is just another glaring reminder of just how much my life truly sucks ass. No wonder I want to die.

1 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

I'm sorry it's so rough, Sid. I can't imagine having to drive for such a long time when you aren't feeling the best. I hope you take it easy and have a safe trip.

3:21 PM, August 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home