Sunday, May 20, 2007

Video of the week - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I was undecided about what video to use this week. I tossed around between going with an older band that I still love or going with a newer one. Once I decided to go with the newer band, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, I was torn between showing their first video which was for a song that in terms of alternative music could be considered a hit single and going with their second video for a song that I have yet to hear on the radio.

I mentioned these guys in my post about the Bamboozle show and how I was pissed off that we couldn't get anywhere near the stage because a majority of the kids crammed in to see them weren't actual fans, but instead only knew their one hit song "Face Down". Luckily they will be coming to Chicago later this summer because they are on the Warped Tour, so hopefully we'll get closer to the stage, or at least be surrounded by actual fans of the band.

Anyway, I've decided to go with their second video because I like the lyrics to this one better. I personally think the two songs they've done videos for are not the best songs on the cd, but for me that's how it typically goes. Suppose I could look at it in a positive light, at least when I listen to my favorite songs by these bands, I don't suddenly get a pre-programmed video playing in my mind, I get to create my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home