Monday, June 13, 2011

Time flew by

I can't believe two weeks has already passed since I last posted. The time flew by despite my not being too terribly busy, though I was slightly busier than normal. It's a welcome change from having time just drag on so excruciatingly slow that I can't bear to live through another minute of it.

Saw the pdoc last Thursday and he agreed to take me off the Clozaril. No more weekly blood draws, which is nice. He asked what happened with the Latuda and I told him that my insurance denied it. I received a letter from them after my last post which explained that their criteria for covering it would be "failure, contraindication or intolerance to Geodon, Risperdal, Seroquel or Zyprexa"; AND I had to be diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Since I couldn't tell him what happened last time I was on Geodon, being that it was a long time ago, he decided to put me on that again. He also gave me a prescription for temazepam (aka Restoril) to help me sleep. I waited and took the first dose of Geodon last night because I wasn't at home all weekend and if it were to cause side effects, I didn't want to experience that while away from home. As for the temazepam, since it is a controlled substance, he couldn't electronically send the prescription to my pharmacy like he did the Geodon and I forgot to drop it off until today. Tonight I'll take the first dose and see what happens. Hopefully there won't be any negative reactions to it.

I wasn't home this weekend because the kiddie and I ended up volunteering for the Special Olympics at the last minute. Originally she was supposed to be in Florida with her boyfriend and his family, so we never sent in our volunteer forms before the deadline. Unfortunately the Florida trip never materialized, so on Thursday I called the Special Olympics office to find out if we could just show up day of and still volunteer. They said yes, so we packed up, hopped in the car and spent the weekend helping out.

This year was a much better experience than last year, mostly because last year the temperature and humidity were unbearable. Then severe storms rolled through causing the last day and a half of events to be cancelled. This weekend, the temps were in the high 70's with a nice breeze. They did have to cancel the opening ceremonies because of a storm that came through Friday night, but none of the athletic events were cancelled.

And the big plus this year? I made it through the entire weekend without taking a single Ativan.

1 Comments:

Blogger NormalWasNotMyGoal said...

Congrats on the Ativan-thing, and very cool that you volunteered. I know we hear it all the time, but it does help to get out-and-about.

4:16 AM, June 14, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home