Friday, September 09, 2005

No job

No job, she never called. For all I know I could be off a week and she was supposed to call a week ago Tuesday. I don't fucking know. :::sigh::: Oh well, easy come easy go. Wasn't really motivated enough to do it anyway. I just wanted the extra cash.

So earlier I wrote a letter to the editor in response to an article about the hurricane in this week's Time magazine. Even if it doesn't get published, I at least tried to get my voice heard. This is what I wrote:

Many times I have heard the events surrounding Hurricane Katrina referred to as two days of natural disaster and everything that followed was a man-made catastrophe. To me, that doesn't even begin to relay the level of suffering our fellow citizens in the Gulf coast have endured. The way I view it is that Katrina stripped them of their loved ones, their homes and all their possessions; but the inaction of the local, state and federal governments following the storm raped these naked and very vulnerable people of two of the most basic rights every human being is entitled to: humanity and dignity. If heads don’t roll, starting with Michael Brown of FEMA, we are sending a message to the world that only U.S. citizens with a decent bank account have any worth.

Just my thoughts summed up in one paragraph. Sometimes I actually come off as having some level of intelligence, even if no one else agrees with what I have to say...amazing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannin said...

very well written, sid. and, you always sound intellegent...silly girl!
take care of you!

12:44 PM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

girl please! your posts are always intelligently written and it's good that you wrote that letter. the devastation to New Orleans by Katrina is horrific and it's good you spoke out about it.

as for the job thing, dont worry about it. it probably wasnt meant to be, at least that's how i see it. i too applied for a CNA job at a nursing home and havent heard shit from them, so perhaps the Higher Power felt it wasnt meant for me anyways, especially with the physical limitations i have.

anyways, take care of yourself cuz there's only one YOU!

miz e

12:57 PM, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home