Thursday, May 03, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

It's 10 am, which is early for me and I've basically been awake since 8 am. Still have a whole lot of stuff to do, including pack, for our trip tomorrow. The cab shows up at 5:30 am. Guess we'll be sleeping on the plane because we are going to get very little sleep tonight. Even less than I'm normally used to.

Around 2 pm we're headed to the northside because the Plain White T's show is tonight. The show itself doesn't start until 6:30 pm, but we want to beat the traffic and find a parking space so we're headed down early. My daughter's friend that's coming with doesn't get many opportunities to shop at the cool stores they have in that area so we'll waste our pre-show time wandering around shopping.

Of course tonight had to be a 2 hour long Grey's Anatomy too. Bad timing, really bad timing. We're going to record it and rather than wait until we come back on Monday, we're actually going to stay up and watch it after the concert tonight. We're just too into that show to wait until next week to see what we missed.

With any luck we'll be home from the show by 11:30 pm, if it lets out at a decent time. Spend about an hour & a half watching Grey's (think that's about how long it is sans the commercials). That puts us in bed at 1 am and only gives us 3 hours to sleep since we'll need to be up at 4 am to get ready and finish packing the rest of the toiletries and stuff we use every day.

I'm going to need a ton of Starbucks to make it through our first day on the East coast. But I'm really looking forward to seeing Linkin Park and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus on Sunday, so the lack of sleep at least has a payoff in the end (no pun intended there). And yes, I have packed the concert tickets already. They were the first thing put into my carry-on bag because I didn't want to get to New Jersey and find out I'd forgotten them. I'd be pissed as hell if I did that.

Toodles.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck, lots of fun, and probably a lot of good memories worth keeping around.

Go have a blast, hun. You deserve it.

12:40 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Hey Sid,
Have a great trip, and I hope you have some fun.

Maybe you can take some photos and post them up here of the sights you will be seeing.

Polar B

4:03 PM, May 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.freepowerboards.com/thenook/index.php

7:50 PM, May 06, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I hope you enjoy the concerts.

1:35 PM, May 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checking to see if you're back yet. how'd everything go?

10:35 PM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Glad you took off for something fun.

Good thinking on packing the tix first. That's what I would have done too. I'm OCD with tix.

Hope you had fun and were able to stay awake without too much chemical alteration. :)

12:29 PM, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home