Sunday, April 15, 2007

Music videos

Due to the increasing number of requests I get via email asking about the music I mention in my blog, I've added a new section called "Open Your Ears and Mind" in the right sidebar. I'll update it weekly or so with a different music video from a band that I like. Won't necessarily be the band's most current video, but it'll definitely be a song I like. I don't have the player set up to automatically start, since I find it annoying to visit a site that automatically plays music whether I want to hear it or not, so if you're interested in seeing it you'll have to hit play yourselves.

Figured I'd start with Plain White T's since that's the next concert we'll be going to, plus they're a local band, hailing from the Chicago area. This song, "Take Me Away", is off their second cd called "All That I Need". There is a newer cd that came out last year called "Every Second Counts", but neither me nor the kiddie liked the song they released and did a video for off that one. We think it's the worst song on that entire cd.

Their songs are great for singing along with at the top of your lungs while in your car, which is why I like them. This particular song is the one they chose to start their concert last summer with, and I have a feeling they will again start the next concert with it as well. When done live, they put more oomph into it and it gets the show hopping.

I'm currently downloading the latest video from Linkin Park for their new single "What I've Done" off of i-Tunes. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't wait til this slow ass download finishes. Wish their new cd was being dropped sooner, I can't wait to hear the rest of it. It's been far too long since their last release and I'm curious to hear more of what the amazing producer Rick Ruben got out of them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sid,
Thanks for sharing the song. It gives me an idea of what kind of songs you are into.

I've just recently ripped some music from the CDs I own into Media player so I can transfer them onto my MP3 player. I love trying to come up with the "perfect" list which contains all my favourites.

I'm probably not as hip as you are, but some of the latest ones I really like is Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" and The Fray's "How to Save a Life".

As for singing at the top of your voice in the car? I do that A LOT!!!

9:22 PM, April 15, 2007  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

Freaky...just as I was reading your comment, I had "How to Save a Life" playing on my computer! I'd never pay to see them in concert, but I like them enough to own their cd. I like Snow Patrol too. I like ALL kinds of music, which you'll see as I update the videos over time.

I think the T's are actually more mellow & "pop"-ish compared to what I typically listen to.

10:03 PM, April 15, 2007  
Blogger annabkrr said...

AB's got me listening to the T's! And I like The Fray and SP as well.


PS..Agree with you about going somewhere and there music starts.

10:45 AM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home