Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Powerful & painful

In searching the internet for things I shouldn't be searching for, I came across this powerful and painful article:

Just Because My Mother Committed Suicide Doesn't Mean I Have To Follow Suit

Reading it should shock my brain into realizing I can't leave my daughter behind. But instead all I think is that I should print it out and give it to everyone that will be left behind if I do.

I know I'm not well, but I am also willing to accept that there is nothing that will help make me better, I've exhausted all my options. The reality no one ever dares to speak about is that, for some of us, mental illness truly is terminal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nunya said...

You have not exhausted all of your options, you have not yet thought of all your options. You can get better, if you don't give up.

Your daughter needs you, Sid. Don't give up on her.

4:15 PM, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. It is possible to get better. It just sucks that we can't know what, exactly, is going to work, or how long it will take to kick in.

For that reason, I try not to think about the big picture too much. I try to just hang out in the current hour.

9:36 PM, October 31, 2007  
Blogger annabkrr said...

It is possible to get better! Mental illness doesn't have to be terminal and you've got to stay for your daughter. It's not over until God says it is.

HUGS Sid. If you ever wanna talk I'm here.

10:11 AM, November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home