Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can't be about me

If anyone noticed, yes, I did delete the post I made last night. A lot of the wording matched what I'd used in emails to quite a few people, none of whom I'd want reading this blog, and I was worried about the risk of someone using that email to Google further information about the accident and having my blog pop up in the results.

The kiddie is beside herself, moving between stunned silence and sobbing. I want so much to take away her pain, to make everything all better, but there aren't enough reassurances in the world to give her that he's receiving the best medical care possible. I can't promise that her boyfriend or anyone else in that car will be okay. We can only hold onto the hope that they will.

We've offered to help in any way possible. I can't imagine what his parents are going through to have two critically injured children in two different hospitals and still have two younger children at home to care for.

I will make it through my breakdown season, if only because my life can't be about me right now.

6 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

*fingers crossed* for a good outcome Sid.

1:41 PM, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sid, i'm sorry. i too will keep my fingers crossed that all turns out o.k.
my thoughts are with you and the kiddie.

2:15 PM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Stay strong, Sid.

2:42 PM, September 30, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Adding them to my prayer list.

8:45 PM, September 30, 2007  
Blogger My Thoughts said...

I offer my support.
I hope their condition improves
quickly.

3:52 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Oh gosh, Sid!!! I'm so sorry. I missed the post you deleted because this is the first I'm hearing of it. I'll pray for them all. I think you're right about life needing you right now so you should stick around. As sick as this may sound, maybe God knew what he was doing and it was a sign for you that you are so much needed!

Prayers and Hugs are coming y'alls way.

Anna

10:01 AM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home