Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rubber ducky pics

Someone mentioned that they'd like to see pics of the Rubber Ducky Derby. My sister took pictures but hasn't sent them to me yet, so I pulled these off the Special Olympic Illinois site. As silly as it seems, it was fun to watch. It is a brilliant way to raise funds and not only do they do duck races, they also do turtles. There is a site that helps set up this type of fundraiser all over the country and there are quite a few scheduled. Go to Duck Race for more information on a race near you. If you want to know more about setting up a race, click the "game home" button at the top of the page.

The duckies being dumped in the river...

"Swimming" along the river with a little assistance...

Getting a picture of the speediest swimmer. This lucky duck won somebody a car...

I would have liked this job, scooping them out of the river...

The police apprehending some wayward ducks...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's really neat, Sid. Thanks so much for posting those! That's a lot of ducks!

8:00 AM, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Lisa Williams said...

Wow, this is great! I've never heard of or seen a Rubber Ducky Derby. The picture of the dump truck of duckies made me laugh.

12:00 AM, August 19, 2007  
Blogger Little-Duck said...

I'm kind of partial to ducks myself.
:-)

Austin

6:49 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home