Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guess the song

I stole this from someone's blog. I forget whose it was so I can't give 'em credit or steer anyone over to try and guess his songs (I only answered one cuz I didn't think it'd be fair to answer the other 10 I knew considering I was a first time visitor. So yeah, if you happen to find my page...I knew the Cult, New Order, Aztec Camera and several others). I remember I got to his page via James' and that he was from Chicago.

So now my secret is out. At 3, 4 and 5 am, when I'm suffering from a severe bout of insomnia, I blog hop. I go to one or more of the blogs I read regularly and click all the links. It's usually an interesting journey because you never know where you'll end up. This morning I ended up stealing this great idea from some random guy who I don't know but could possibly have stood next to at any number of concerts in Chicago.

Anyway, here's now this works...

Put your iPod on shuffle and post the first line of lyrics from the first 25 songs that come up. Readers then try to guess the song. As each one is correctly guessed, I'll edit this post with the title and artist.

NO CHEATING BY USING GOOGLE!!!!

If anyone gets any of these, you'll be my new best friend cuz I'll know you have awesome taste in music. My guess is that 2, 7, 8, 13, 16, 19 and 21 will be the easiest and the first ones answered. Good luck!

1. Up around 95, sailing down Storrow Drive
2. I remember a year ago I was standing in the crowd -
"In Fate's Hands" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

3. Will these dreams still follow me
4. I didn't think that I had a debt to pay -
"Qwerty" - Linkin Park
5. Am I loud and clear or am I breaking up
6. Hey, I'm feeling tired -
"Falling Away From Me" by Korn

7. The soldier boy for his soldier's pay obeys - "Inoculated City" by The Clash
8. Don't come to me with your problems I don't need them

9. If you lose me, you lose a good thing
10. Lie to me just one more time and maybe I'll believe you
11. I would do anything and that's what scares me so bad -
"Strings" by Blink 182
12. Musical correctness, it's just a guide on how to perform everything less
13. Murder murder a ripe blood stain
14. I've been thinking it over

15. I wake up at the end of a long, dark, lonely year - "Lycanthrope" by +44
16. When you're out with your friends in your new Mercedes Benz - "We Are All On Drugs" by Weezer
17. I can't give you the moment, the chance to be right
18. Johnny has a problem
19. Calling all cars, all coroners, we've got a dead one here -
"Dethbed" by Alkaline Trio
20. Goddamn this dusty room

21. I feel insane every single time I'm asked to compromise - "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold
22. I tried to sneak myself through, tried to get to the other side
23. Everything that I see there's no future for me - "No Future" by Anti-Flag
24. Unseen to the eyes but it plays in your heart
25. Now every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world - "Death or Glory" by Social Distortion (I would have accepted The Clash as the band too since they did the original version)

****Almost forgot to update this with the ones people had gotten right. Not bad. Alison, you are my new best friend!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I don't know ANY of yours. I am so out of the music loop these days.

6:57 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

Most aren't newer songs and most aren't songs that were "hit" singles for any of these bands, at least the bands that actually have had what one would consider a hit single.

1:25 AM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Excellant taste in music Sid.

8:18 AM, May 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home