Monday, January 19, 2009

The Mystery of BPD

Even though I no longer get Time magazine delivered to the house, I still get their weekly email updates of the 10 Most Popular Stories of the Week.

Last week, the second most popular article was one about Borderline Personality Disorder. Surprisingly, that very same article is the second most popular story this week as well. I don't know if it has been printed in the magazine itself or if it has only been available online, but it's nice to see a national magazine bringing this devastating illness into the limelight.

Even if you don't suffer from BPD, it's a worthwhile read. You can find it here:

The Mystery of Borderline Personality Disorder

Note: I wasn't sure at first if the numbers below the article on the first page were related to this story, but yes they are. This story is six pages long and I did correct the link so that it takes you to the first page instead of the second. Sorry about that, my mind is all over the place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I really do believe that the more refined technology and genetic research becomes, the more we will have "hard science" to explain mental health issues.

9:03 PM, January 19, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not really sure how I felt about that article to be quite honest. It is good that BPD is getting more attention but it seemed to add to the stereotypes already in place. Take care

11:02 PM, January 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home