Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A relief and a worry

Found out yesterday that I finally have a new therapist. I called because I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue with the partial program and wanted to make sure I could transition directly to individual therapy. I was told they had hired someone new and I'll be seeing her, Miss M, but I don't know if that means new as in just graduated or new as in new to their facility. As always, I didn't think to ask that important of a question until after I'd already hung up.

Normally I'd immediately be anxious to know I'm starting all over with a new therapist, but there is so much stress from other sources right now that I can't even let my mind wander there. In fact, it was actually a relief to know I am not trapped with the partial program being my only source of treatment. I now have an out whenever I decide I need or I'm ready to use it.

As for the divorce, which is where most of my current stress, anxiety and worry stems from, it is all set up for my sister to accompany me to the courthouse on Thursday to file the paperwork. I really hope that it goes smoothly and I have all the proper documents that I need. My biggest worry is that the source I used isn't completely up to date and there is more to the process than what they have described, maybe more paperwork or another step they've completely left off. Going through such a major legal process on my own could prove to be too hard to navigate, but I really hope it isn't.

Before I head out there on Thursday, I need to update my phone's calendar with all the obligations that have already begun to fill May, June and July. My hope is that I can get a court date assigned right away that fits into my schedule. The sooner the better. Ideally within the next 30 days, but I'm not sure if that is realistic, so I'd settle for the next 60 days or even 90 if I have to. I'd rather not wait any longer than that. I'm so ready for this to be done. I can't wait for the judge to stamp the final divorce decree.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Good luck with the paperwork on Thursday. I know this is a stressful time for you. Hang in there and try not to worry too much about it. Eventually it'll be all over.

8:44 PM, April 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home