Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long term changes

As I go through my detox off the damaging psychotropic meds, I'm trying to make other healthy, long term changes in my life. My daughter and I decided we both need to eat healthier so when we went to the store today we bought lots of fruit to munch on like blueberries, raspberries and blackberries instead of junk food. We also got low fat yogurt and granola to make our own parfaits with. We bought juice and water instead of soda. We already regularly have carrots, cucumbers and other veggies on hand to snack on.

In hopes of eventually getting off the Seroquel, I decided to try some natural remedies to help me sleep. I bought some chamomile tea and added that to my nighttime routine. I also plan to add regular exercise into my day as well. When we return from vacation, the kiddie and I are going to join a yoga class for the summer.

I'm just so tired of being a slave to medications that I feel do more harm than good. It's time to make some drastic changes that I probably should have made years ago. It'll be great if I can ween myself off the Seroquel soon. With the warmer weather comes the greater risk for heat stroke while I'm on it. It'd be nice to be able to go outdoors more often and not feel like I'm dying each time I do.

The withdrawal symptoms have been fairly minor so far. My head has ached the last couple of days, but it's not constant and not very severe. I've been nauseous off and on, but haven't vomited. The only symptom that is a constant is the chills/hot flashes. My body switches so rapidly between the two that one minute I'm freezing and the next I'm sweating. Hopefully this will all be out of my system soon and I'll be back to "normal", if such a state even exists.

1 Comments:

Blogger TexAss said...

I'd love to hear how the natural remedies help you. I'm searching for a way to get off Seroquel myself.

10:41 PM, May 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home