Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Night of horror

Finally got my wish for some sleep, but instead of a peaceful slumber, it turned into a night of horror. I was wide awake until about 3 am when the Seroquel I'd taken at 11 pm finally kicked in and I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I managed to sleep for about half an hour before I woke from the first of what would turn out to be several nightmares that would plague me until my alarm went off at 6 am.

I couldn't even tell you what the dreams were about, I just remember being petrified each time I woke up. Because of the sedating effects of the Seroquel, it was hard to keep my eyes open for more than 5 minutes, so I'd quickly drift back to sleep and a new nightmare would begin. At one point the evil I'd mentioned here returned. Horrified and scared to death I quickly ran across the bedroom to turn the lights on. I wanted to give up on sleep at that point, but quickly passed out again from my meds.

To say I'm hesitant to take my meds tonight would be an understatement. I'm absolutely scared shitless. I know I desperately need sleep, but if it's going to bring with it the terror I experienced last night, I'll pass and just stay awake forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Wow, what an awful experience. You can't have that going on.

5:17 AM, May 21, 2009  
Blogger TexAss said...

I've been on Seroquel for several years and have the same nightmares that you do, almost every night. There have been many times I left the lamp beside my bed on. My poor husband has had to wake me up to get me to stop screaming.

I thought it was just me. You're the first person I've come across that has the same dream problems.

9:09 AM, May 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home