Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Inexcusable blunder

Speaking of broken circuitry, yesterday I made one of the most horribly forgetful mistakes I've ever made in my entire life...I forgot I was supposed to pick my daughter up from school. She sent me a text 15 minutes after I should have been there and asked where I was. My response back: "OH SHIT!"

How the hell does one forget the single most important person in their life?? I'm beyond appalled and ashamed of myself. Her biggest fear is that I'll forget who she is and here I go & do something that will only exacerbate that fear. I can excuse myself if I forget to stop at the store or to put something in the mail (I actually did forget to mail my bills today). I cannot excuse myself for forgetting my daughter.

As karmic payback for my inexcusable blunder, I was rear-ended by a teenager on my way to pick her up. Thankfully no one was injured. I think the teen that hit me must have been getting her own dose of karmic payback because yesterday was her 18th birthday.

2 Comments:

Blogger tracy said...

Sid,
i remember when my son was small and in school, sometimes i would suddenly panic and think "Where's Sam?". i still sometimes do that, even though he is 17...(he seems younger, because he has AS). i'm sure your daughter was very forgiving...now, please do the same for yourself, okay?
much love,
tracy

7:33 AM, May 06, 2009  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sid,
Just because you forgot to pick her up doesn't mean that you don't care. You've got lots on your mind, that's all. Give yourself a break. I know it's too easy to beat yourself up over it. I beat myself up over silly mistakes all the time too. But we have to fight that - and be gentle, be kind. I know that sounds impossible, but if you try - just a little.

Take care
Polar B

2:40 PM, May 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home