Monday, August 17, 2009

Thrilled

At least there's one constant in my life...stress, and this week is no exception. Upcoming stressors include meeting with the lawyer tomorrow and going to court on Thursday for a status hearing. Joy. I'm thrilled. Yay. (Insert sarcasm here)

I told the ex about both, and apparently the court also contacted him about the latter. He doesn't know if he will be able to join me when I meet with the lawyer because he has to meet with his probation officer. Supposedly he's trying to get that rescheduled for later in the day, but I highly doubt he even bothered to call. $500 says he calls me later tonight and tells me he couldn't get it rescheduled. Hell, he never even bothered to return my message about the lawyer until today and I left it last Wednesday. (On a side note...every time I think of that man being an ex-con I get a rush of "ha ha ya fucking idiot" joy and "fuck me, I married a loser" disgust all at once.)

This afternoon I spent an hour and a half in the dentist's chair while she worked on the tooth that needs a cap. I think the work took longer than anticipated. Had things gone more smoothly, they probably would have had time to squeeze the cleaning I need in. Now I understand why the receptionist couldn't officially schedule a cleaning, though it would have been nice if she would have just explained it when we made today's appointment. How hard is it to say "it's difficult to schedule a cleaning at this time because we're unsure how long the other dental work is going to take"? Duh. Doesn't take a genius to give someone a logical explanation that's easy to understand, though apparently it takes more brain cells than most people seem to utilize.

Since I'm so full of sarcasm today, I think now would be a good time to go and update my "I Hate..." blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lili said...

Can you have your lawyer call that idiots parole officer and says if he doesn't show he(or she) will make it their business to conduct the completion of the divorce without him? I'm full of just plain tiredness today. I hope everything works out.

11:37 AM, August 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home