Thursday, August 27, 2009

YAY!!!!

Probably the most upbeat title I've used in the five years I've been blogging, but that's because it's official...

I'm DIVORCED!

YAY!!!! The judge gave the ex a brief tongue lashing on the importance of getting a job in order to pay child support, but didn't order the ex to submit a weekly job search journal to prove he's out looking for an income instead of just being a bum.
Given the circumstances...the ex is an ex-con, the economy sucks and there are only 9 months remaining before child support is a non-issue because the kiddie will be 18 and will have graduated high school... there isn't much hope to pin the possibility of him getting a job to. It was very apparent from the look on the judge's face that he knew as well as I do that I will probably never see a penny. But that's okay. The divorce decree was signed and that's all that really matters. I was so excited I wanted to go up and kiss the judge.

After we left the courtroom, I shook the ex's hand, told him to have a nice life and we went our separate ways. I will hopefully never see or speak to him again. Now I get to plan my divorce party!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!

3:30 PM, August 27, 2009  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Yay! So glad that's all over and done with finally!

4:13 PM, August 27, 2009  
Anonymous Lili said...

That...is...AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations!

6:05 PM, August 27, 2009  
Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

What awesome news! Now, you need to have a little party or some kind of celebration! Congratulations!

6:38 PM, August 27, 2009  
Blogger Laura said...

Congratulations! You've been waiting for this for so long.

6:34 AM, August 28, 2009  
Blogger MB said...

That is totally excellent Sid! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy that's finally settled!

1:46 PM, August 28, 2009  
Blogger TexAss said...

Been there, done that and I know how good it feels. CONGRATS!!!!

12:02 PM, August 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home