Thursday, June 24, 2010

Huge victory

While I'm waiting for my daughter to return home from "bowling" (I'm not sure I believe that's what she's really doing, but she's 18 and I trust she's at least not doing anything illegal), I figured I'd update my blog. I know, can you believe it? Hurry up and give me my medal while I still have the chest to pin it to, cuz these puppies are beginning to succumb to gravity and I have a feeling it'll be a rapid decline.

The last three and a half weeks have been busy, yet not really. It comes in spurts, usually 2-3 days of non-stop motion followed by 2-3 days of nearly complete inactivity. Lather, rinse, repeat. Right now I could pass for a sloth, but come Saturday, I'll turn back into the Energizer Bunny. Luckily, none of this is being driven by mood or mental illness, it just happens to be the way my schedule keeps panning out.


Haven't been able to determine if it's a good, bad or indifferent move yet, but I've finally managed to free myself from my addiction/dependence to Seroquel. I'm not getting the most restful sleep I've ever had, and I'm only getting about 6 hours a night, but I can actually fall asleep without needing that poison, so to me, that's a huge victory. I'll never take that shit again.


The kiddie's home now and I'm past ready for bed, so I guess I'll have to finish updating later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stanley said...

Glad you're back. I like reading your thoughts/feelings. Good luck with the sleep thing. I'm glad you're getting off the seroquel.

3:19 PM, June 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home