Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Spring break is coming up

Been thinking about taking the kiddie on a mini vacation for spring break. Should have probably thought about this awhile ago and saved up some money. I'm such a moron when it comes to planning things. But we should have enough, even if we only go for 3 or 4 days. I checked online to see what is within about 8 hrs driving distance, cuz we don't have money to fly and I really don't feel like driving any longer than that. Most of the states around Chicago suck ass...Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Michigan...BORING. Guess coming from such a big city I'm biased.

So it's a toss up between Minneapolis and Toronto, both are about the same distance away and both will probably be about the same temperature. Minneapolis isn't that great, but at least it has some redeeming qualities, mainly the Mall of America. The kiddie really wants to go there since she was only a toddler last time we went. I'd rather go to Toronto myself, but I'll have to do some research and find stuff the kiddie will enjoy there. I had suggested going there yesterday when we were talking about it, but she isn't familiar with the city so she wasn't interested in going.

Think the decision might come down to road construction though and we'll end up in Minneapolis. I remember hearing on the news about a large section of 80/94 being closed for construction in Indiana starting at the Illinois border, can't remember if it was east or westbound lanes, though it doesn't matter which. Traffic will be a nightmare no matter what time of day it is and that would be the road we'd have to take to Toronto. Guess I should start there & see if I'm right about that before I even bother seeing what there is to do in Toronto.

Anyway, as much as I want to take her somewhere, I'm already getting anxious. This will be our first actual vacation with just the two of us. Feels weird to think about not having the ex with us. I'm almost ready to have the kiddie invite one of her friends along so there will be 3 of us, a number I'm much more used to. Not sure what to do. I know I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that it will always be just the two of us. It should be an easy adjustment considering my feelings towards the ex, but yet somehow it isn't easy at all. I always feel an uncomfortable sense of something missing, an unnerving emptiness next to me. And with that thought the tears have started so I'm outta here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home