Sunday, March 26, 2006

Out the window

So much for what I wrote in my last post. I chucked most of it right out the window and did the opposite. I went out and bought another pack of smokes. Should have known I couldn't do it quite yet. So now my hope is that I can get through at least 48 hours, starting on Wednesday. I booked a non-smoking room and about the only place to smoke in Chicago is outdoors, so I won't have much opportunity to light up. If I can just make it through that first 48 hours, I'll be able to quit.

I also got myself a cellphone. I was just sitting there while they fixed the kiddie's and asked what the cheapest phone they had was. At first the guy said he could get me a $30 one with a $30 mail-in rebate. I asked why would I want to pay $30 now just to have it refunded later? That's really stupid. So he gave me the phone. It's probably the cheapest Nokia on the market, but I don't need much. I just wanted something small enough to carry in my pocket since I don't bother with a purse.

Luckily I don't have to pay the monthly bill either, cuz we just added a line onto my ex's account, with his approval of course. Figure I won't be using it much, maybe once or twice a week, so it wasn't worth it for me to get my own account. Plus the calls to the kiddie and ex are free, so I probably won't even use up any of their minutes.

I feel like crap today. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up until tomorrow. The kiddie left a little while ago to hang out with her dad for a bit so I don't have to worry about her bugging me, saying she's bored. Maybe I'll put on a movie and crash on the couch. I rented History of Violence and I guess now would be a good time to watch it since it's rated R.

2 Comments:

Blogger annabkrr said...

The ex is great for letting you put the phone on his account. I'm glad for you and your daughter he's good to you both. That's got to be a great comfort for you.
Sorry about the smokes! I know it is so hard to quit, I remember how bad I wanted one those first days!!
Get some rest while the kiddie is away. It's so hard to get any when their at home.
Take care!!!

7:53 PM, March 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

To quit smoking ain't easy. But you'll get there, don't give up!

Did you end up watching A History of Violence? I watched it some time earlier this year and I really loved it. It was my favorite movie of 2005.

4:31 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home