Saturday, March 25, 2006

This & that...boring stuff

Can I just say....riding the crimson tide just SUCKS ASS! I've been so damn exhausted it's a wonder I left the house at all yesterday. Been so tired that I honestly don't remember driving the kiddie to school yesterday cuz I came home and passed out immediately. It's kind of scary when you can't remember driving. I wonder how out of it I was. Was I in danger of crashing? It's a quick drive over to the school, less than 5 mins, but they say most crashes happen within 5 miles of your house..or something like that.

Spring break has officially started. I'm just looking forward to not having to wake up early those 5 days to get the kiddie to school. Shows you how fucking lazy I can be. Other than the two nights/three days we'll be staying downtown, we have nothing else planned. Unless I can get some money from somewhere we can't afford to do much else. There would have been more money, but I bought concert tickets yesterday to see Angels and Airwaves at the end of May. The kiddie is more than willing to sacrifice doing stuff over the break to see them though.

Tomorrow I have to find a place to get her cellphone fixed. I'm hoping they just replace the thing cuz I've heard there was a recall on them. She has one of those Motorola Razr phones her father just bought her on January 1st. Not sure what's wrong with it but he said he purchased the repair warranty thingy so any repair/replacement should be free. She was so upset when she told me it wasn't working. I told her to call her father cuz I don't know a damn thing about cellphones other than I'm one of the last people in the world that doesn't own one. She didn't want to call him because she was afraid he'd yell at her for breaking it. I told her there wasn't anything I could do, she'd have to call him. He's the one that pays the bill, he has all the info. So reluctantly she called.

I find it odd that she would be afraid of him like that. This is the first time I've seen this hesitance to contact her father. I wonder if he yelled at her when she broke her last cellphone. That's the only reason I could think she'd be afraid to tell him about this one not working. I told her that if he says anything to tell him she didn't break it. It was working just fine yesterday morning, and then when she got home from school it wasn't working. Nothing she did could have caused that to happen since she didn't even have it on her.

Onto other boring news...I've decided to quit smoking. I have two cigarettes left and when they're gone, I refuse to buy any more. My daughter is very interested in getting in shape and getting healthy, and we've decided to be each other's motivation to do so. I can't exercise while I still smoke cuz I get winded too damn quickly. So this is the first step in what I hope will be a more positive lifestyle. It's going to be a hard change to make but the desire is there so for now I'm just going to follow it.

My biggest fear right now is stepping on a scale, something I haven't done for over three years. I don't even want to know what it says. They always ask my weight when I go to the hospital and each time I ask them "can't you just write fat?". I honestly have no clue how much I weigh so I've just been guessing. It'll be scary to see how far off my guess has been. A reality check that I desperately need.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

i've driven into work a few times like that, so tired cant even remember driving. it is dangerous to drive like that but if no one drove while they were tired, the roads would be empty.

our spring break was last week here, for elementary,middle and high school. does all of the US have spring break this week there?

good luck quitting smoking sid. you have an amazing source of motivation to do this.

have a good weekend :)

7:15 AM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Good for you about not smoking!! I used to do it too, so I know how awful it is to quit.

Our Spring break was last week, so my kids have to go back to school on Monday. I'm with you about getting up too. Jesus, I swear I'd just as soon home school them I hate getting up so much!! We're lucky though, we live right by the schools so my kids can walk.

1:42 PM, March 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home