Sunday, March 12, 2006

BIG mistake

After sleeping for close to 48 hours, with a few moments of semi-consciousness in between, I managed to make it out of the house last night. BIG mistake though because I went to the mall and then to Barnes & Noble with the kiddie & the ex. It wasn't the company that was the mistake, it was going to places where I could break out the credit card that was a mistake. I should know better than to head to any retail establishment when I'm feeling depressed.

$32 at Hot Topic for a plaid skirt for the kiddie. She insisted she needs something plaid to wear on St. Patty's day cuz she's half Irish.

$40 at Bath & Body Works, a store I've managed to avoid for quite some time because I have a weakness for all things scented. Can I just say though, their new scent Japanese Cherry Blossom is the bomb?? I think I like it more than Moonlight Path, which is saying a lot because that had been my all time favorite scent for years. I tried taking a photo of my stash of lotions, soaps and shower gels from that store, but my cam won't download the pics to my computer for some technical reason I'm not going to try and figure out at 2 am. I'll steal the kiddie's digital camera & do it that way. I really could open my own store with all the crap I've brought from there.

$28 at Barnes & Noble on books I don't really need because we just went to the library the other day and I have a stack of books that I've never read collecting dust on my book shelf. I bought Catcher in the Rye, the book I've now checked out of the library 5 times but have yet to ever read. Also bought Girl, Interrupted (kiddie: why are you buying the book when you've watched the movie 16 million times??) and the kiddie picked out Prozac Nation.

We then stopped at Panera Bread so the kiddie could buy a Jones Soda. That's all we wanted. I went off on the kid with the name tag "Josh" because twice he told us to go to another register and we went there only to have him walk away. Finally one of the other employees asks if she can help us and I quite loudly said "sure because that bitch Josh doesn't have a clue what the fuck he's doing".

The ex was taken aback by my outburst, but thought it was funny as hell that I didn't hold back. I told him I'm sick of people being fucking idiots and I now call them on it. He's just not used to me being so outspoken because I was rather subdued when we were still together, well, unless of course we were fighting about something.

Tact...I think I lost the ability and/or desire to be tactful when I found being nice and quiet wasn't getting me anywhere. I've found people respond to crazy psycho bitch much faster. Try it, see how it works for you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was quite a shopping spree!

But it does do wonders to treat yourself.

I don't have a digital camera, so I take pics with the mobile, e-mail myself the pic and then "save as" a JPEG which I then upload if I want.

If I'm getting crap service or whatever, I have to be really strung out to go off about it ... and when I have gone off (eg the at the GP I considered moronic), I wind up even more pissed off (and stayed pissed off for AGES) that I'd lost my cool.

9:28 AM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Wish I was as assertive/outspoken as you are. I'll probably get a lot more satisfaction. Instead, I've always been "quiet". The trouble with that is that people walk all over you. And the internal resentment grows and grows...

Catcher in the Rye is my FAVOURITE book. I've read it a few times myself.

Hugs
Polar Bear

1:11 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Joel said...

I always find that if I stuff my wallet with cash and leave the credit card home, I spend less. If I have a lot of cash and a credit card, would you believe that I squander more, but come home with a full wallet?

1:39 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I always get in trouble at Bath & Body too, that place is dangerous. :)

2:22 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

oh i know how it feels when you get into a mall or store and you happen to have $$$ on your credit card...*sigh*

damn, i aint been in Bath & Body Works in a LONNNNNNNNNNG time, and i know i would go nuts in there too !

btw i started blushing at your compliment on the "audio post" i did. thank you Sid *blushing*

i did another on my erotica blog "La Femme Erotique'" if you have erotic stories or poems you want to share, i would love to have you as a contributor *smile*

take care of you!
much love and hugs
genelle

2:53 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

i wish we had bath and body works here, i've heard so many nice things.

malls can be very dangerous places when trying not to spend $$$, but i think once in a while is alright, and to treat yourself is nice, too.

have a good evening, sid.

3:46 PM, March 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home