Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Freaky

The mess with the insurance is temporarily corrected and I picked up my prescriptions today. I say temporarily because I just have this bad feeling that things will be screwed up again next month when I get my prescriptions refilled again. Call me pessimistic, but remember, this is a program being run by the federal government...need I say more? (By the way, still no call from Medicare.)

Today started off in a very strange way and I'm still kind of freaking over it. I take the kiddie to school at about 8:15 am, then come home and decide what to do from there. Sometimes I'm so tired I just collapse into bed, other times I'll stay up for a bit and try to eat something healthy for breakfast while wasting time on the computer. The times when I stay up, I typically start getting super tired again after about an hour or so and have to crawl back into bed for a nap (Seroquel is a mother fucker of a drug, I don't know how people take this during the day and stay awake).

Anyway, today was one of those days where I stayed awake til about 9:30 am and then went back to bed cuz I couldn't keep my eyes open. What freaked me out was that when I finally woke for the day, I was laying in bed thinking about the medical problems the kiddie has been having, in particular suffering from joint pain. Suddenly I think, what if it's leukemia?!?

Now I don't know much about leukemia except that it is a disease that effects the blood cells, and has the potential to be fatal, so I have no idea why this even popped into my head as anything my kid might have. I go online to check out the symptoms of leukemia and to my astonishment joint pain is listed.

I have no idea if I'm psychic or just fucking psychotic, but I called immediately to get her in to see a doctor. I then called the ex and explained what happened. He was freaked out by it as well. Told me not to tell the kiddie, which I wouldn't dream of. He's glad I called to get her an appointment to figure out what's going on. My hope is that it's nothing serious, maybe just another growth spurt. I'm going to do my best not to worry about it.

Tomorrow the kiddie has her first day of high school...well, kinda sorta. As a part of the gifted academy, the incoming freshmen get to have a shadow day where they are assigned a buddy that's currently in the academy and get to tag along with them thru the school day. Get to meet the teachers she'll have next year and see what the program is like. I like the idea that it is solely for the kids in the academy. Gives me the impression that the school is honored to have these academically high achieving kids from all over the district attending there. Of course all the incoming freshmen will get a chance to tour the school prior to starting, but won't get such an intensive look at what their courses will be like.

Can't wait to hear the kiddie's play by play of how the day went. She's none too happy that we have to leave at 7:30 am, but I agreed to stop at MickeyD's on the way. Hopefully she'll enjoy her first look at high school life and enjoy being away from her current teachers for the day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It probably is just a growth spurt, but it doesn't hurt to have a check-up to make sure all is well.

Sounds like you're daughter's doing very well and I bet she'll have a great day.

8:07 AM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know it's hard to when it comes to your child's health, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are your daughter is just fine! :)

I'm happy to hear that the insurance dilemna was resolved. It must take a lot of stress off you. Enjoy it while you can, and then we'll see what happens if the situation changes again.

1:07 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger ks said...

I agree with you about the Seroquel. An hour after I take it, I'm stumbling around hardly able to keep my eyelids open & thats only from 200mg! I get a good night's sleep at least.

Do you take it in the morning? If so, I feel for you.

5:49 PM, May 17, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

I'm taking seroquel again at night. it's a lifesaver.

now take a deep breath...your daughter is most likely fine. but as a mom i understand what it's like to worry about our kiddos.

mom's are never off-duty!

8:27 PM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home