Thursday, April 27, 2006

What a day

What a fucking day this has been. I finally dragged my ass over to the 24 hr Critical Care center cuz I don't have a regular doctor and didn't feel sick enough to head to the ER.

Dr: Why did you wait so long to seek medical help?

Me: Cuz I don't trust doctors and I'm usually told there's nothing that can be done, I just have to wait it out. So that's what I was doing, waiting it out.

Dr: If you had waited any longer, you'd have been admitted to the hospital. You're severely dehydrated and it's causing your blood pressure and pulse to be dangerously elevated.

Me: Gee and I only came in here cuz I can't stop vomiting or feeling nauseous.

Got hooked up to an IV immediately and given something for the nausea. Spent 3 hours there, which is what fucked the day up. I went in at 1:30 pm, thinking they'll check me over, maybe give me some meds and I'll be on my way. Wrong. Didn't get out of there til 4:30 pm.

Problem with that is, the kiddie and I had appointments scheduled at the salon for 4 pm. So at 3:00 I'm trying to reach one of the old people to pick my daughter up from school, but I'm getting no signal with my cellphone. I instead text the ex, ask him to call my house and relay the message. The old man apparently wasn't listening and thought that someone needed to come drive me home. Unbeknownst to me, he ends up sitting in the waiting room for me to be discharged.

So while he is needlessly being dropped off, my daughter had to walk home. Not that there's anything wrong with her that she can't walk except she doesn't usually do it, so she didn't have any house keys with her. She gets home and can't get in the house cuz the old lady is busy dropping the old man off by me.

Then the old lady arrives home only to find that the old man took the house keys off the key chain, so she can't get in the house either. There isn't a remote for the garage in the car she was in cuz it's the one that's always parked in the driveway. Luckily the kiddie told her that she had a hair appointment at 4 pm, so they went over there and waited to hear from us.

Since the ex didn't know if I was going to make it to the salon in time, he decides to rush over to the house to pick the kiddie up, who isn't there cuz she's at the salon but neither of us knows this cuz she doesn't have her cellphone with her that we're both calling and texting to no avail. The phone is locked inside the house cuz she doesn't take it to school with her.

So I get discharged, get surprised as hell to see the old man sitting there and call the ex as soon as I get to my car. He tells me he's headed over to pick the kiddie up but when I find out I'm closer to being there than he is I tell him not to bother. He decides to head over to the salon to meet us there since he's finished with work and already headed in that direction.

I tried calling the house a couple of times but the phone just rang, so I'm hoping the old lady has taken her to the salon cuz it never would have occurred to me they were both locked out of the house. We're almost home and the old lady calls from the salon. How she got my phone number I don't know cuz hell, I don't even know my cell # without looking it up and she had no way to look it up. She tells me about being locked out so I told her we'd be home shortly and just to leave the kiddie at the salon since they've started on her hair.

In a few weeks I'll think this is completely hilarious that we were all so damn stupid in one day. But even now, all it's done is made me feel very guilty cuz none of this would have happened if I had simply mentioned to the old people that I was headed over to the center and what we had planned for that afternoon. That way if I wasn't home in time, they'd know exactly what to do. Instead I have everyone driving around where they don't need to be.

The only good thing to come out of all this? The kiddie's hair is absolutely gorgeous and mine doesn't look half bad either. Tomorrow we're back to the salon at 4 pm so the kiddie can get the tips of her red hair dyed black.

But now I have yet another massive headache that isn't going away, so I'm drugging myself and going to bed, happy as hell that today is finally over!


Blogger Joel said...

I'm glad the vomiting wasn't stress-induced. Oh, those days can be frustrating indeed!

2:45 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger sansanity said...

1) yeah you will laugh in a few weeks; you aren't to blame--leave it to the medical establishment to be giving decent care on the day you are sick.

2) THANK YOU. your comment about the EAP counselor really helped me put it in perspective. i REALLY needed that perspective--i wasn't feeling to sure of whether i would survive another day. today was one of the darkest moments as far as the suicidal urges go and then i saw your comment and i swear it was like that little voice in my head was silenced and i could rest for a moment and gather my strength. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU sweet angel.

7:14 PM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger The Mass Defective said...

Wish I had read your posts sooner, but I'm glad you got my comment and glad that it was helpful.

7:45 PM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Cinthia said...

What an ordeal! I'm glad you got everything sorted out. You'll certainly laugh over this in the future.

I'm so relieved they took care of you at the center. I was getting worried there for a bit. Take care of yourself, Sid!

Warm hugs,

10:24 PM, April 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home