Friday, July 07, 2006

Advanced searches

My latest misadventure is to do advanced Google searches in which I specify that I want to search only blogspot.com for specific phrases on blogs that have been updated in the last six months, to see what other people are saying about topics that are near and dear to my screwed up head. I know what you're thinking....just how bored is she?? VERY! But I also believe knowledge is power and I like to know other people's viewpoints on different subjects.

I'm happy to report that my blog is the only one that comes up when you enter "mass defective". Considering I stole the phrase from an old episode of Rugrats, I find it odd that no one else has ever picked up on it. Guess most bloggers aren't into watching Rugrats huh? Not that I regularly watched it deliberately myself, it just happened to be the show du jour for my kiddie when she was growing up. Last night I typed in another phrase, can't remember what it was, but again, my blog was the only one that turned up. Guess some of the things near and dear to my screwed up head are only near & dear to me. Damn those voices!!

What I'd like to know is why does the phrase "Notify Blogger about objectionable...." (I'm assuming the missing word is 'material') usually follow nearly all of the results Google turns up on me? Surely I'm not the only one with a penchant for obscene language and it's not like I'm putting illegal things on my blog. Wonder if it has something to do with my blog settings. I'll definitely take a look at that. Of course my crazy mind is thinking that maybe they want to censor me because of the whole "borderline" issue, but I know that isn't a thought based in reality.

I don't recommend undertaking an advanced search of certain topics, such as borderline personality disorder, if you're in a bad place emotionally because there is a lot of negativity out there towards those of us with this disorder. Though if you have BPD, I'm sure you're well aware that many people view us as extremely manipulative, mean, nasty, narcissistic bitches (there is rarely mention that this isn't a female specific disorder). Even amongst many mental health professionals we're viewed as the scourge of society.

It amazes me that people are so willing to condemn a whole segment of society, one that didn't have a choice of whether they would develop a serious mental illness like BPD, based solely on their experience with one person or a handful of people. This is out of the estimated 5-8 million people afflicted with this disorder. Are these the same people that condemn all Muslims simply because a small faction of Islamic extremists is intent on jihad? Would they condemn an entire race if for instance they were beaten to a pulp by a couple of Hispanic youths? Kind of makes you wonder....least it makes me wonder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so easy for people to just turn their heads from something that doesnt affect their own lifes.
It just makes it easier for them. People dont want to have to face things unless they have to.

4:06 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home