Sunday, July 09, 2006

Finally some kudos

Finally, I've come across an article that doesn't put borderline personality disorder in a negative light. Kudos to the writer, Ivan Spielberg, LCSW, and the site for posting this...The Misunderstood Borderline Personality Disordered Client.

I found this posted at an excellent site called Anxiety, Addiction and Depression Treatments. Don't be fooled by the name though, they address all areas of mental illness. I highly recommend checking it out, so much so that I've permanently added the link under my "Mental Health Sites".

2 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

What a great article. Thanks for sharing this, Sid.

I'd agree with you, that BPD has had the bad rep for a while now, although I think that since Linehan's development of the DBT model in the early 90s, more mental health professionals are becoming more compassionate about the way they treat/view BPD patients. But you will always get a number of these professionals that still view BPD patients negatively and try to avoid us as much as they can.

Take care!

Polar B.

8:43 PM, July 09, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

Holy shit, that article was awesome on BPD. Thank you for posting it!

6:46 PM, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home