Friday, July 28, 2006

A love poem

I swear, I'm done updating these blogs of mine. They won't ever look the way I want cuz I'm too damn picky to know what I want and I don't know enough about html codes to do what I want. If I don't stop screwing with them, I'm going to end up fucking something up and I won't have any blogs.

I didn't sleep last night, and I'm quite wired. To burn off the excess energy, I was cleaning off my desk and cleaning out my basket of "I haven't found a place for any of this crap yet, so into the basket it goes so it's at least out of my fucking way" earlier. In the process I found a poem that someone had sent me in 2003.

The author is unknown and I don't know who this was written for, but from my viewpoint, this could easily have been written by someone deeply in love with a borderline. The mention of hate, loneliness, emptiness, healing the mind...they all ring true to me. I will always keep a copy of this poem because at one point, it could have been written to me by my ex.

Love is more powerful than hate -
You will never be able to hate me more than I love you.

Love is more powerful than fear -
When you are afraid, let my love make you feel secure.

Love is more powerful than loneliness -
When you are lonely, look in your heart and you will find me.

Love is more powerful than emptiness -
When you feel empty, open your heart and let my love fill it.

The heart is more powerful than the mind -
Think with your heart and together we will heal the mind.

You can destroy our relationship, you can destroy your life, you can destroy me,
but you can not destroy my love for you
because it is mine, alone, to give.
And I give it freely, unconditionally, unselfishly, and forever.

So, even though you told me to go away -
My heart has stayed behind to protect you.

Let the tears begin again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

holy shit-that's a good one,(the poem) :)

i always like what you do to your blog. playing with it is fun, but can get soooo frustrating when you cant get a code to work.

p.s i love, love,love your profile icon on the left sidebar. i wish that often too.

4:59 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Wow. I can not explain in words what that poem did for me. THANK-YOU for sharing this. I got shivers and tears. HUGS!!!

5:55 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blog! This is a beautiful poem... and I am a borderline so I think I understand what you meant when you said that it could have been written for one.

I too - have been guilty of updating and changing my blog too often. I'm so picky that it'll never meet with my approval, and I HAVE screwed it up many a time because I was doing too much crap with it (or should I say - I was trying to make it do too much crap?) :)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog.

I'd like to add your blog to my links if that's ok. It's awesome!

6:51 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home