Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back home

They still weren't prepared for me to be there this morning for surgery. They had to do a urinalysis, something I don't understand why they didn't do yesterday when I was there for the blood work. They also wanted to do a pregnancy test. I told them not to bother, that I was 1000% sure I'm not pregnant. Think they did it anyway so they could charge my insurance additional money. They did try to take my blood again but I refused saying they did it yesterday and that they needed to find the results cuz they were somewhere around.

The surgery only took an hour, the recovery room took nearly seven. But I was at least able to come home instead of spending the night there. They had me so pissed off the whole day. Of course my rage at their stupidity in scheduling everything at the last minute and being completely unprepared though this was supposedly on the schedule a month ago was coupled with the fact that I got very little sleep since I had to be there so damn early. I'm sure they were as glad to see me go as I was to leave.

On the discharge papers they wrote in big letters under special instructions for me to call my pdoc and make an appointment tomorrow. As if. I think they saw the cuts on my arms and got worried for no reason. I can't think why else they would write that on there. I just shook my head and said sure I'll call him, in a very factitious tone. Who are they to tell me to call my pdoc? I wasn't in there for anything related to mental illness.

Anyway, I'm fine for the most part. They did four small incisions of less than an inch each, none of which hurts much. What really hurts is my back and it's the same pain in my kidney area that drove me to go to the ER in the first place where they diagnosed me with the gallstones. I will be fuming if it turns out that my gall bladder was not the cause of all the pain. Hope the pain passes. I was so doped up on Tylenol 3 earlier, plus the Valium I added to the mix, that I couldn't see straight. It helped the pain for a little bit, but now it's returning again.

We'll see what tomorrow holds. Luckily I feel like I'll recover well enough to go to my niece's birthday party on Saturday, plus go to all the appointments I have set up for next week for myself and my daughter. Wow, a positive in all this crap. Amazing.


Blogger Polar Bear said...

You've been through a lot. Take things easy for a while as you recuperate.

Take care
Polar B

2:58 PM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger anna said...

Glad you are home and on the mend. Take it easy my friend. Sending you best wishes.

7:31 PM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home