Monday, July 31, 2006

On the show

I'm a member at Dr. Phil's website. I know a lot of people don't like him and his way of dealing with people, but at times I find he's quite good, or better yet, at least entertaining. By joining his site I get weekly emails about what's on the show and get to post on his message boards. The following is a descriptions of what will be on Tuesday, August 1st. I didn't see it the first time around, so I'm going to try and catch it tomorrow.

Tuesday
Extreme Highs and Lows
Dr. Phil explores the ups and downs of bipolar disorder. This illness takes its victims on an emotional rollercoaster ride from elation to extreme irritability, intense rage, or devastating depression. First, Cathy was diagnosed with Bipolar II, 10 years ago and claims she goes from "zero to psycho in 15 seconds." Dr. Phil takes a look at the toll her disorder takes on her two boys, and brings the family together for a dramatic moment of emotional healing. Then, during various manic episodes, Fred has stolen a taxi, crashed into a Starbucks, and climbed to the top of a church. He hears voices and believes that movie stars like Denzel Washington and Robert De Niro are talking to him through their movies. Still, Fred thinks he's ready to move out of his parents' house and live on his own for good but should his family let him? (Original air date: March 7, 2006)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I think Dr. Phil does a lot of good and a lot of bad in the field of psychology. But when he's good, he really is great. He can cut to the point and highlight things very well.

5:11 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I'm not a big fan of the Phil but I might just have to tune into this show.

5:58 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

hi Sid
I've never really been a fan of Dr Phil, but sometimes I do like his no-nonsense approach. Can be effective in some situations, not in everything though.

This episode sounds interesting though. If you feel up to it, I'd love to read a summary about it if you choose to blog about it. Not being in the U.S., we probably won't get that episode till sometime in the next millenium.

Take care
Polar B.

(by the way, I've come out of hiding)

10:17 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home