Friday, September 01, 2006

What does a kiss taste like?

One day a teacher had a taste test with her students. She picked a little boy to do the first test. She blindfolded him, put a Hershey Kiss in his mouth and asked, "Do you know what it is?"

"No, I don't," said the little boy.

"Okay, I'll give you a clue. It's the thing your daddy wants from your Mom before he goes to work."

Suddenly, a little girl at the back of the room yelled, "Spit it out! It's a piece of ass!!"

Just a little humor to offset a day full of rage. Not particularly raging at anyone or anything, I just woke up angry and have remained that way. Working on the distracting skills though so I don't lash out by cutting or some other negative way.

Been searching for a web host, but I'm completely clueless as to which site to go with. There are the free sites, which offer little storage and many of which place ads on your website, something that is unacceptable to me. Then there are the ones with prices ranging from a low of $3.95 a month to a high of $14.95 for the simplest plans, but the storage and other services they offer vary as widely as the prices do.

Getting ready to take the kiddie to the doctor in a few. She's been having a terrible time with running in gym class. Her knees and hips keep swelling and locking up to the point she has been five minutes late to her next class because she couldn't walk, and has ended up going to the nurse's office twice; and it's only the first full week of school!

I think it's completely FUBAR that her gym grade is based on how far she can run rather than on how much effort she puts forth. I never understood being graded on gym class participation anyway. It's not an academic subject, why should it count towards a student's GPA? I do think it should be a required class, because for some kids that is the only exercise they ever get, but it should be pass/fail, not letter graded.

I'm hoping nothing serious is wrong. But I'm also hoping we can get a doctor's note so she doesn't have to endure the continued pain of being forced to run.

Update...the doctor suspects possible juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. She said it's rare for it to be diagnosed at an older age, but still possible. They took blood to run a bunch of tests so we'll see if that turns up anything. They did give her a note excusing her from gym for the next two weeks while they try to sort this out. Also put her on 600 mgs ibuprofen three times a day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggs said...

Hated gym class. Fucking hated it.

I use 1and1.com for my webhosting. My sites are being designed so I don't have anything up yet. Pleased so far!

10:08 PM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope its nothing like that but I doubt it, the chances are next to none if its not hereditary, at least thats what I was told but I might be wrong.
Theres also lupus which could also begins in childhood but hopfully it is'nt. Maybe its just simply swollen joints and nothing more.
I hope she'll be alright, please let us know.

2:12 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, poor child. I hope they find a way to relieve her symptoms.

10:31 AM, September 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the doc's diagnosis is wrong. As for hosting, I use Go Daddy & it's $3.95 a month. I have NEVER had a time when my blog was down for any reason & am 100% satisfied with their service.
That joke is cute. :)

11:24 AM, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I hope the doc's dianosis is wrong too.

I too hated gym glass. They made us boys take a wrestling class and I hated every minute of it. Plus, I hated the whole locker room/shower thing. Pft.

6:30 PM, September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home