Monday, February 26, 2007

Did nothing

Nothing got done today because I've been having severe flu-like symptoms since Saturday night and they were even worse today. So incredibly achy, feverish, weak, tired. To the point I can hardly raise my head off the pillow let alone get out of bed to do the things I was supposed to. I do have a sore throat, but thankfully no congestion since I can't really take anything for that with the meds I'm on.

The kiddie got to stay home from school because she was in a lot of pain from pulling some muscles in her side during the final performance of the school musical on Saturday. Since I didn't have the energy to force her to go, I simply called the school and went right back to bed.

Didn't wake up again until 1 pm, the time I was supposed to be at my therapist's office. Oops. Hadn't even thought to set my alarm to be sure I was up in time. I called and left a message on her voice mail. Hopefully they won't charge me for not giving any notice, let alone their required 24 hours notice, but I honestly had no idea I wouldn't be well enough to go. Plus I've never cancelled at the last minute before, with my current or with any past therapists.

After I called and said I was too sick to come in, I went right back to bed again. Slept til 4 or 5 pm. Got up and moved to the couch for even more sleeping. Despite having slept most of the day away, I'm ready to crawl back into bed again. Just keep hoping this clears up quickly without becoming any worse.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better soon!

11:10 AM, February 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon Sid... chicken soup!

11:56 AM, February 27, 2007  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I think I have the same bug. Hope things improve for the both of us.

I'm exhausted just typing this....ugh...back to the couch.

Take care and rest up!!

3:50 PM, February 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home