Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An all time low

Surprisingly, for once, the title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with my depression. Instead, it is the stupid fuckhead that hit an all time low recently. He landed his sorry ass in jail. About a week or so ago, he broke into a company he used to work for and stole materials so he could sell them thru CraigsList. I'm not sure exactly how he was caught, but a day or two after the fact, the cops showed up at his girlfriend's home to arrest him. She told him he was at the new job he had just started, so they drove over there and picked him up.

Of course, in true stupid fuckhead form, it's not his fault. He's placing the blame on someone else, actually multiple others. The story he told his parents is that he felt pressured to get his hands on some money fast because his girlfriend had been nagging him to get a job to help with the finances ever since he moved in with her several months ago. Knowing him as well as I do, I'm sure the story his girlfriend is being fed is that I was the one doing the nagging. Bugging him about child support. I'm 100% positive this is the false version of events she's getting because he needs her to take him back in when he finally gets out of jail or else he's homeless; and to date, she is planning on doing just that.

He's stuck in jail until his trial, because no one is willing to bail him out. His parents are beyond frustrated that the only time he ever contacts them is when he needs money for something, so they are refusing to help. His girlfriend apparently doesn't have the money, cuz she has yet to pay his bail. The only other person he'd turn to would be me and he knows I don't have the money either. He also knows NOT to ask me for anything. I made that very, very clear to him the last time we spoke.

This is the final nail in the coffin that was the relationship he had with his daughter. She had been willing to give him another chance to show he could be a responsible adult and parent after their meeting with her therapist. But in the mere five weeks that have passed since that meeting, he's blown his "last chance" three times. THREE. Three major fuck-ups. She wants nothing more to do with him and to protect her, I've decided to seek full custody. I had been willing to go with joint custody, but only if he swore not to use the divorce papers to force his right to visitation. After his latest bonehead move, I'm no longer willing to take the risk that I can trust him to do the right thing on his own.

I know the man's an idiot, he's repeatedly shown that time and time again. But to know that he is now a criminal too is just incredulous. Even I didn't think he had it in him to sink that low.