Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Brief reprieve

Finally, a brief reprieve. I called the gyne, explained the situation and he called in a script for Darvocet. I only just took the first pill about 10 minutes ago, so I don't know if it's going to alleviate any of my pain, but hopefully it will do something. If I'm still hurting in half an hour, I can take a second one if need be. I vaguely remember being on this after one of my surgeries, but that was a few years back and I can't recall if it worked or not.

I also broke down and scheduled the root canal, because there is no way I'm going to lose a tooth and have a hillbilly gap in my mouth. Even if that means I go without food and can't pay my cellphone bill and car insurance this month, so be it. I'm NOT losing a tooth. Monday was the soonest they could get me in, which is what prompted the call to the gyne. The pain has gotten so intense that I can't think straight.

Last night I was in such bad shape from the pain, from the PMDD, from the stress, that I did pull out the razor. The urge to keep cutting and cutting was overwhelming, but I resisted temptation and kept damage to a minimum. It was cut or resort to much more drastic measures. I'm giving myself credit for choosing the lesser of two evils.

I really hope the Darvocet works. Before all this pain, I managed to read not only Prozac Nation, but I also got through Ella Minnow Pea in just a couple of hours and I followed that up by quickly reading Animal Farm by George Orwell. I'd really like to be able to concentrate so I can continue to read more. The next book I've decided to tackle is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home