Monday, February 20, 2012

Bruised and sore

I'm slowly recovering from what was a near catastrophic fall on Thursday. I was walking from my car to my daughter's apartment when my legs felt like they suddenly disappeared and I fell forward. I tried to regain my balance, but all that did was give me more momentum forward and I crashed face first into a wrought iron fence. After my face hit the fence my body slammed onto the sidewalk. It's a miracle I didn't get knocked out or break any bones, but a good portion of my body is bruised and sore, with the largest bruise running the entire length from my left wrist to my elbow, then continuing on around my elbow and halfway up to my shoulder.

The same sensation that my legs had disappeared happened a second time later that night as I was climbing stairs inside the theatre the kiddie and I had gone to, but I was able to catch myself on a chair before I hit the ground. I'm just glad I fell forward because if I had fallen backwards, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from falling and probably would have snapped my neck and died as I tumbled down the stairs.

We'd gone to the theatre to see American Idiot the musical, the first of the six musicals that were a part of the subscription series we bought ourselves for Christmas. American Idiot is the name of an album by Green Day that came out several years ago. My review? It was a 90's version of Hair with less dialogue, but just as stupid. I say save your money and just buy the Green Day cd, which is cheaper and Billy Joe Armstrong's voice is better than the people they had singing on stage.

I suppose I should go to a doctor to get checked out to see what might have caused me to lose all sensation in my legs, but that requires finding a doctor that takes my crappy insurance and I'm just not mentally up to the challenge of calling office after office only to be told, no we don't take Medicare and/or Medicaid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

hope your sore body is on the mend

5:03 AM, February 21, 2012  
Anonymous Purple said...

Holy that's scary! Please take care and yes, please see a dr. asap.

I loved American Idiot the musical so much! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. What did your daughter think of it?

8:48 PM, February 21, 2012  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

Thanks, I am doing much better. The bruises have almost completely faded away, though I still have some lingering pain in my shoulder.

Purple...my daughter felt the same way I did about the show. I don't know. I guess given the content of the Green Day cd, there was so much that could have gone in to developing a really great story line and there really wasn't much of a story at all. It just seemed like a bunch of people on stage singing Green Day songs and little else.

3:44 PM, February 29, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home