Friday, October 28, 2005

Waiting on a friend

I'm sitting here waiting for a call from a friend. I know, wow...Sid actually has a friend?! I used to work with her at the last job I held and we've kinda sorta kept in touch, otherwise referred to as that one call a year we make when we realize it's been awhile since we last spoke.

We're going out to dinner & then to see Saw II. That's actually the last time I saw her, when the first Saw movie came out and we went to see that. She's a talker and has the innate ability to get me to be a talker too. It's weird, like that one aspect of her rubs off on me each time we're together. She's a riot. She's a few years younger than me and still lives with her family, which makes me a little bit more comfortable about my current living arrangement. She's Assyrian though, so it's a part of her culture that they don't move out til they marry. I'm just here cuz I suck at life.

Anyway, I even have plans for tomorrow night too. Going out with my sister to play pokeno with a bunch of other mom's, leaving the men to care for all the kids while we get shitfaced drunk, binge eat and win prizes and/or money. I don't typically feel comfortable around these other women, not because they aren't friendly, but they are all the typical suburban super-moms that are involved in everything at school from the PTA to being room moms. Plus they get their kids involved in all these activities and drive them from place to place while maintaining a job, a nice home and a good marriage. They're so not like me and I do feel out of place, at least until some of them get drunk and start acting retarded.

Getting out of the house and doing these things is not without great hesitation and anxiety though. Thank gawd my pdoc prescribed that Valium. I'm sure as hell going to need it. I just took one pill that will help get me through tonight. I'm thinking I'll need a double dose for tomorrow night. Luckily I'm not the designated driver and I can crash at my sister's house if I'm under the influence and can't drive home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I understand. Going out and "having fun" can be just as stressful and panicky (is that a word?) as anything else. Sometimes after hanging out with friends I have to lay low for a couple days to emotionally recover and return to a place of somewhat balance.

2:42 PM, October 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home