Monday, November 07, 2005

Your inner child

I jacked this from Fern Canyon Transplanted's site:

Your Inner Child Is Sad
You're a very sensitive soul.You haven't grown that thick skin that most adults have.Easily hurt, you tend to retreat to your comfort zone.You don't let many people in - unless you've trusted them for a long time.


I have to say I disagree with the sensitive part because I'm not sensitive to what people think of me and crap like that. My only real sensitivity is to stress. I am easily hurt and do stay in my comfort zone. However I don't let anyone in, whether I've known them 30 minutes or 30 years. That's how I got away without anyone, even my family, knowing I was mentally ill for so long even though I was pretty damn sure I was even before being diagnosed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

hah. I'm a "surprised" child, apparently.

8:24 PM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very easily could have identified with this one. I act insensitive around others, but sometimes I just can't stop being hurt. Is your "insensitivity" like mine, an act to keep others out? Manica also, I'll bet.

Unfortunately, I think my son fits this as well.

BTW Sid, loving our kids is the only thing that can save us.
{big hug}

11:40 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Marie said...

I too disagree with this. By living out in this sick thing we call a world it has made me very insensitive. I used to be very hypersensitive and really care what others thought about me. I guess to some degree I still am. Since entering thearpy I have been doing some inner child work. I found that I too use the insensitive thing to keep others at arms lenght. That is probably why I have no real close friends or a lover. Time has made the heart a little cold.

12:24 AM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home