Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Stupid Sid lands on ass & in the ER

Landed my stupid ass in the ER today, because my stupid ass fell down the stairs, or rather slid down them. Somehow I landed and dislocated my elbow. Luckily nothing was broken, but it still hurts like a son of a bitch and is swollen & bruised fairly bad. I'm supposed to be icing it and keeping it in a sling, but that's just too uncomfortable. I had it in the sling with an icepack inside on my elbow, but it's really hard to drive a manual transmission car with only one free hand, so I ditched the sling while I was driving.

I felt like such an idiot. Not that I haven't ever tripped up or down the stairs, but gravity just completely took over and I went down all the steps. Couldn't even stop my descent til I hit the floor. Suppose I should be grateful that I didn't go down head first and crack my skull open on the tile.

So since I was in the ER, I missed groups today. Did manage to make it to see Ms. N. She thinks I should call my pdoc again and tell him I'm still not sleeping, even with the med changes he told me to try. Told her I was having thoughts of downing all my pills again just so I could sleep. She kept stressing it's better to be proactive than reactive. That I shouldn't feel guilty calling him because he gets paid the big bucks to handle his patients. Told her I'd call tomorrow.

Lot of other stuff is up with me, but the Valium I took is kicking in and I'm getting blurry eyed. Won't sleep, but this shit does make me even more tired. Think I'll take an extra 10 mgs and see if that helps. Certainly couldn't hurt. I know that's not nearly an overdose level. Guess I'll write more tomorrow since I'll be home most of the day.

5 Comments:

Blogger mizeeyore said...

damn Sid! ouch! i'm sorry about your mishap hon...hope it gets better...keep icing it to keep down swelling.

sorry i wasnt on Yahoo tonite...i was still tired from a yesterday of nothing LOL. hopefully i'll be back on tonite.

Take care of you!

12:51 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Marie said...

Sid,hope you feel better. I am still up it is after 2am. I cannot sleep which sucks. Keep on the p-doc.

4:17 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

geeze sid-your poor elbow-ouch. take care of it ok. hope you got some sleep, but imagine with the pain plus the difficulties with sleeping, you didn't get much. take care ok?

10:18 AM, December 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd Sid your lucky it wasnt so much worse. Im so glad your going to be o.k. I bet your verysore.
I hope you recover quickly.

Take care yourself,
Billy

1:43 PM, December 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. It's 4am and I'm still awake. Sorry about the fall and your elbow. Hope you feel better soon.

2:59 AM, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home