Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Our trek

In about 12 hours, we begin our trek downtown. My anxiety is already starting to build. Rather than park & ride and leave my car sitting somewhere for 3 days, we've asked the old people to take us to the Metra station instead. Don't think my daughter's ever been on a commuter train, just the el which is a whole different kind of train. Come to think of it, I think I've only ridden Metra once or twice in my life cuz we usually go to the northside of the city and it's just easier to take the el in.

I'm still having issues with the gingham bedspreads they have at the hotel. I know that's so incredibly trivial and we won't be spending that much time in the room, but it's really bothering me. So much so that I didn't notice the leopard print on the sofa. Here's what the room looks like:


We really got an amazing deal on the price. Rooms at this hotel start at $200 a night, but I'm too broke and basically too cheap to pay that so I got it for a hell of a lot less. Always ask for a better deal and then if it's still too high, ask if they can do even better than that. Hotels are almost always willing to make a deal just so they can book the room. Better to get a little than to get nothing.

The kiddie wasn't able to find a friend that could join us, so it'll just be the two of us. I'm kinda glad about that cuz I'd feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same room with one of her friends, even if it is a girl. But on the other hand, I wish she could have a friend with her so I wouldn't have to keep the kiddie occupied at all times. The friend she originally invited is going downtown on Thursday with her mom and sister so we're going to try and meet up with them, probably at the Art Institute.

I'm now trying to decide if I should take my Seroquel or stay up all night. My fear is that if I take the Seroquel I won't be able to wake up in time to shower, finish packing and do the few other things that need to be done before we leave. I considered taking a half dose, but my body is getting too used to the Seroquel and a half dose would probably just make me groggy, unable to fall asleep. Guess I'll just stay up.

Now, what the heck do I go for the next 8 hours?????? Yahoo games, here I come.

7 Comments:

Blogger annabkrr said...

Sid, that room looks really nice!! I hope y'all have a great time. I think it's good that's it's just gonna be you and the kiddie. Good mom/daughter time.

9:32 AM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a gorgeous hotel room! Have fun! (I'm so jealous, I wish I were going on a trip, too...)

1:14 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I love that couch!! Have a great time. I hope your anxiety subsides. :)

Mucho love.

2:58 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Shannin said...

that room rocks! i have so tried to get better deals on rooms.. never works for me... so, you are gonna have to tell me how ya do it!

have a great time and i hope you feel less anxious soon...

hugs... shan

3:01 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

hope you two had a great time :)
cant wait to hear all about it when you get back.

10:24 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Joel said...

You can get deals like that? Damn! I'm too cowardly to try!

1:20 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger sansanity said...

oh ohhh. i like zuma and dynomite on yahoo games. what about u?

9:06 PM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home