Thursday, May 18, 2006

Much to be done

Gave in and took the meds last night. I know I need to take them, but it's hard to balance the need against the desire to simply be able to do something the average person takes for granted. I was average once, or so I think.

The depression has subsided a little bit but not enough to make much difference. I still have no motivation to do anything and there is so much to be done. Tomorrow is the kiddie's first formal dance and afterwards she's having a few friends sleep over. We have to clean the living room so they have a place to sleep, clean the bathroom cuz I'd be embarrassed for anyone but us to go in there with the way it looks right now, get to the salon tomorrow to get her hair done, I have to sew a part of her dress still and several other things.

Today we stopped at the store to pick up snacks for the sleepover and to get those slip-proof thingies to put on the bottom of her shoes so her feet don't slide out from under her on the slick tile at school while she's trying to walk or dance. Of course those won't help if she twists her ankle because she's not used to walking in heels at all, but we'll just keep our fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

She's out right now getting her nails done, but luckily someone else's mother is driving them home from the mall. Suppose I should be doing some of the stuff that needs to be done right now instead of sitting here at the computer, but again, there is just no motivation at all to move. I really just want to sleep. I'm going to take my meds early tonight, with the hope that I can be more awake tomorrow to get this stuff done.

It's hard to believe that in two short weeks she will be done with 8th grade and be moving on to high school in the fall. She liked the shadow day yesterday, but I think more because she got out of classes and didn't have to do anything. She was annoyed by the guy they paired her up with. Her reason? "He was too damn preppy for words. His collar was flipped up, he was wearing these tacky shorts and I'm sorry, guys should not wear flip-flops." I had to laugh, cuz I thought the preppy look was ugly as hell back in the 80's and I'm glad to see my daughter feels the same.

They gave her three books to read and some homework to do over the summer. Getting their learning started early, I like that. She's usually had a summer reading project, but it's never been required like it is this time and it was usually only one book, not three. Her plan is to read the books now, do the homework and then reread the books before school starts so the stories are fresh in her mind.

The kids were also given a list of summer activities they can participate in such as fundraisers (a garage sale and a car wash), a book club they could join and several trips they could go on including several downtown and even one to Kentucky to go white water rafting and explore the Mammoth Caves. Pretty cool and they're exclusively for the academy students.

Not sure if I'll have the money to send her on any of the trips, or if she even wants to go on any of them. It would suck if she couldn't go simply because I can't afford it. Guess we'll worry about that when the time comes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad your doing better, Ive been worried about you.
Its good your minds on other things.
Keep taking your meds o.k? Ill see ya.

Billy

1:55 AM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sid, I'm happy to hear you're doing better, too! Sounds like your daughter is going through an important transition in your life. It's so exciting! Good luck to you both!

10:10 AM, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Crooze is a delusional wanker. I'm sure his demon spawn, ERRRR, child will be well-adjusted and have no emotional problems at all.

2. I'll contribute to the fund-raiser for a field trip. Caves are very cool.

9:23 PM, May 19, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

I loved my 8th grade "prom". I hope she has a great time.

9:58 PM, May 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a 9th grade girl...
been their done that, but in 9th.

You know what my daughter told me once when I was rushing to get the stuff done that you listed...
"Mom, my friends don't care or pay attention if the house or bathroom is clean."

You know, she was right...they just want to giggle and eat!
(I need to remember it is not their Mother's coming over)

9:31 PM, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home