Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gotta love Target

I've been shopping at Target since the very first one in our area opened. It was love at first purchase. I've always thought Kmart sucked ass so I never go there; and Walmart...well lets just say I loathe that store and leave it at that cuz I could go off on a never ending rant about that hell hole.

Target was my favorite store until today. Now it's the greatest fucking store on earth! My biggest beef with retailers has always been that if you go into the men's section, they had all the same styles, no matter if you were rail thin or hauling around a huge belly and man boobs. They have sizes all the way up to triple X and even sometimes a bit larger. Yet if you went to the women's department, they had a special section just for fat people and the clothes there were absolutely hideous. They weren't the same styles as for the skinnier people, as if somehow they felt that cuz you were a fat woman you didn't care how you looked.

Well it is now a new era in shopping for us women and Target is leading the way. I went looking for clothes today cuz I desperately need them. As I was checking out the fat ladies section, I happened to notice the clothing in the isle next to me and much to my excitement and surprise, they had the same styles for the anorexics as for those in sizes up to 18 or XXL.

I actually walked out of the store with three shirts, a pair of shorts and a pair of capris without paying an arm & a leg like they charge at the fat lady stores like Lane Bryant and without paying more simply because I need a little bit extra material for my clothes than someone that wears say a size 12. This is a huge change from my normal shopping experience where I go to the store, try on a dozen things and walk out with nothing but disgust for myself at having gained some weight.

All I can say is...IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!! And congrats to Target for doing it!

(P.S. Yes I do get weird in the head when I stop taking Zoloft so be prepared for some off the wall posts.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Oooo...member of the Target Fan Club myself.

They attained God-like status a few months ago when I found a small to medium sized Buddha statue with a candle holder/lotus flower in his hands.

Viva La Boutique Target!!

5:24 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, who doesn't love Target!? That place is a consumer heaven.

11:40 AM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

Friggin Canada!!!!!, we don't have Target here.

I enjoyed Target for the 5 min I was in there while in Florida-I easily could have spent all day there, but we had a plane to catch :(

we suck ass up here :P

4:44 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger sansanity said...

i knew there were reasons i liked you so much! i even like their freaking stylish maternity clothes (because you know maternity is always next to big girl clothes).

sans

p.s. i know you aren't reading this because i know your surgery was yesterday--i'm thinking of you and sending you get well vibes

8:56 PM, June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home