Wednesday, May 31, 2006

No call

I was expecting the hospital to call today about setting up an appointment for pre-op testing but they didn't. Now I'm wondering if they'll even allow me to have an elective surgery there because I have bills from them that were sent to collections. Of course that isn't my fault but I'm sure all they see is "collections" and assume I just didn't pay. They won't bother to search into it and see that their financial office had me fill out all the paperwork to have my debts written off, which included getting certain documents notarized, because I was only on SSI at the time and getting less than $500 a month.

Maybe I should have followed up once I got the first collection letter, but I'd made numerous calls to them prior to that every time I got a statement. Each time I was assured that I had nothing to worry about, that I qualified for the financial help and my debts would be written off at both the medical hospital and the behavioural health hospital. Someone in their office dropped the ball and I wasn't being paid to do their job for them so I stopped calling.

We'll see if it comes back to bite me in the ass.

Speaking of no call...Medicare has never returned my call from earlier this month when my insurance was screwed up, even though I was guaranteed a call back within 48 hours. Seems to be the theme in American businesses today...make the consumers do all the work for free while all the employees that are supposed to be doing it because they're the fucking ones getting paid are sitting on their lazy fucking asses.

2 Comments:

Blogger mizeeyore said...

hey Sid:

dontcha just love these insurance companies? you do all the work and they take the fucking credit - grrrrrrrrrrr

sorry you're having such so much drama with those idjits. i hope things get straightened out for you. just hang in there and try to keep calm, ok?

also, i dont know if you read my last post, but i'm gonna take a hiatus away from it, maybe even shut it down completely - i dunno. at any rate, if you'd like to call me, here's my number:
(773) 874-3584. you can call anytime you like. i will still keep in touch thru Yahoo IM too

i thank you for being such a good friend to me, and i hope i've been a good friend to you. i hope that we get the chance to talk either by phone, or thru IM. you are a sweet, caring person that i have had the pleasure of getting to know here in Blogland *smile*

take care of yourself because there's only one YOU!

oh and BTW, your daughter is gorgeous and looked gorgeous as well!

peace, blessings, strength and love
genelle

2:41 PM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

grrrr, i hate it. it works like that here too. the 1st week of may i called my drug plan company to ask about contacts for my prescription being covered, and still no call back. my eye doc is on my ass to get checked and i cant till i know if i can get the contacts or have to get glasses again. this is what i pay them for????!!!!

i hope everything works out for your procedure. keep us posted? :)

4:41 PM, June 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home