Thursday, May 25, 2006

So busted

Don't you just love when you catch your child in a lie? Last Friday after the dance, the kiddie had her sleepover. I finally decided at 3 am that they weren't going to burn the house down or anything, so I took my Seroquel and went to sleep. This stuff knocks me out to the point, as my ex always said, nothing could wake me..."not even a dump truck driving thru a nitroglycerine plant" (a line stolen from the movie Christmas Vacation).

That is an indication of just how loud the girls were when I was woken up by them at 5 am. I went upstairs and confronted the kiddie about all the noise. Her excuse? "My friends got really hyper and I couldn't stop them from being so loud." Rather than yell and embarrass her in front of her friends I decided to simply tell them to be quieter and I went back to bed.

The next morning after we got done dropping the girls off, I told the kiddie that when she has friends over she is responsible for them. If she can't contain their antics, then she wouldn't be allowed to have anyone over.

Turns out she was right in the middle of all it, though at the time I actually believed it was her friends because when I went upstairs, she wasn't in the kitchen where all the noise was coming from. The evidence she lied? The dork video taped the whole scene with her digital camera, including the clock showing it was 5 am. Plus she didn't turn the camera off when I came upstairs, she kept it focused on her friends in the kitchen as we talked in the dining room.

She is so completely busted.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a relatively benign lie, but still ... it is SO fekkin cool when you see the look on their face that translates to "damn, how could you have possibly figured that out?" You just look and say something chippy like "I see eeevvveeerrryyything" or "I AM the Master."

3:12 PM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Joel said...

They just can't get away with it like we used to.

1:00 AM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Your post made me smile, and remember my childhood of looooong ago!

8:31 AM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

When I was a kid I always wondered how my parents knew EVERYTHING!!!

Know, as an adult I know just how bad liars kids can be lol.

6:53 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home