Sunday, May 28, 2006

Red flags

"How long does it take you to get here anyway?" she asked.

It was such an innocuous question that had it come from anyone else I wouldn't have given it a second thought. But because the person asking was my T, Ms. N, red flags immediately went up and alarms started sounding in my head that have yet to be silenced.

I see the pdoc on Tuesday and I have this incredibly strong feeling the two events are somehow related. Maybe because of the phone call from his nurse earlier this month saying there was nothing left for him to try. Should I even bother seeing him? Do I really need to be face to face with him when I have such a strong suspicion of what the outcome is going to be?

No, I'm not psychic and I know I can't predict the future. But no one has any clue just how often that gut instinct has been right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggs said...

If your doctor is giving up then you need a new one!

It took me 8 years to find a good match.

11:09 PM, May 28, 2006  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I believe that many of us are more attuned to things than others. Sounds like you are quite intuitive. Like Maggs said, if your feeling of your doctor is correct, don't let it discourage you. Sadly, this happens alot
(because I think many docs don't know how to be a true advocate for their patient, to keep trying, to keep pushing, to keep moving forward in the face of treatments not working successfully, you know what I mean?).

You must continue trying to find one. Don't let another disappointing doctor make YOU feel hopeless.

~Deb

6:48 PM, May 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home