Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's on

My surgery is on for Tuesday at 1:30 pm. With each passing minute my anxiety rises. I'm doing my best to distract and try other DBT skills to deal with the thoughts, but they only help for brief periods of time. I'm going to be a complete basket case by Tuesday. How the hell are they going to get me out of the car? Or heck, even into the car to leave home??

Once I got home from the pre-op testing today the following conversation ensued.....

Me: Oh fuck, my surgery is scheduled for 6.6.06.

Kiddie: I noticed that Damien.

Me: Ha Ha, if I'm Damien, then you're as screwed as me cuz you're the spawn of the devil's spawn. But honestly, even though I'm not really superstitious, maybe I should reschedule.

Kiddie: You're crazy mom. You're the only person I've ever met whose finger swelled up after touching holy water, that'll probably be the luckiest day of your life.

Even when I'm disappointed with her, she can still find a way to make me laugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger mizeeyore said...

hey Sid:

kudos to you for finding some cute stuff at Le Tar'get *smile*

they do have some really nice stuff - i guess cuz they're a subsidiary (read - REASONABLE LOL) of Carson Pirie Scott. so congrats to you!

yikes. your surgery is scheduled for Tuesday? better carry some rosary beads or something lol

speaking of the big girls store, i am going to the Lane Bryant around my way to see if i can get a job. i missed the interviews today, but they're interviewing tomorrow, so i will be there on time with application in hand. if i get hired, at least i can get a discount on stuff in the store *grins*

take care of yourself and i'll keep you in my prayers for Tuesday.

Hugs,
Genelle

7:46 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

I had to read this one to my husband. That ws damn funny!

You've got a good kid, you know that?

11:25 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You must be getting ready for surgery as we speak. I wish you all the best and a speedy post-op recovery.

Hugs,
Cinthia

11:40 AM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home