Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Call 911

Almost had to call 911 on myself today. Not because of anything mental, but rather for something physical. I had been on my way to pick up the kiddie from school when my chest started hurting, was having trouble breathing, my left arm started going numb and I came really close to passing out. Not sure what that was all about, but it passed after about 10 minutes. Could have been just a panic attack, but it didn't feel like the ones I typically have.

I have been feeling off since I started taking this med for my cholesterol. Think I'll call the doctor tomorrow and see if she's scheduled my ECG yet. She does them in her office and said she waits until she has a few people on the schedule before she gets them done. Not sure if that's because she doesn't have the equipment permanently at the office and schedules to bring it in on a specific day or what. If the chest pain thing happens again though, I'm just gonna go to the hospital.

I'm still anxious about the Medicaid renewal form and whether I'll still qualify. Think I'm going to worry until I hear from them. The whole program is too damn confusing to me and I can't make sense of their income limits that they have online. Don't know how it will all work with trying to get my daughter on the state insurance program. Just thinking about the whole situation brings me to tears. I can't handle it when I can't make sense of things like this.

To add to my worries is a statement I received from Medicare yesterday. I just found out they've denied the monthly visits to the pdoc that handles my implant. They covered the first two visits, but now they've denied the rest of them. The doctor's office assured me before I got the surgery that they had gotten approval from both Medicare & Medicaid for this, so I guess I'll start by following up with them first.

I just got out of the fucking hospital dammit. I really can't handle these kinds of stressors right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggs said...

The Mass Defective: Well let’s hope the chest pains are nothing serious! I notice that if I don’t warm up my muscles enough my chest HURTS hiking to the parking lot in the evenings (yes, it truly is a hike). It’s like my chest just can’t expand enough. Been through all the test, healthy and overweight. Eh. I’d be worrying about the paperwork too, and getting it all approved, but I’ll still go ahead and tell you to not worry. LOL Oh, did you and kiddie decide which city you’re going to? AmericanAirlines has last-minute fares…maybe check it out too.

8:55 AM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

hi Sid
Hope it's nothing too serious, but I do hope you will get some help when you have these chest pains again, just to be on the safe side.

It isn't fair you have to deal with so much right now. I hope things work out for you.

Take care'
Polar B

6:57 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Good old Medi-Scare. I'm just now beginning my journey with their frightful Haunted House of service.

7:22 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Dawn said...

geeze, that's scary sid-about your breathing difficulties and arm going numb. i really hope you can get into your dr soon to get things checked out.

i cant believe youre still getting the run around with medicaid-how frustrating-you have way more patience then i would.

11:33 PM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home